For Those With Low Gpas That Have No Hope

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

eddiescott

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
just want to let everyone here in on a secret.

If you are strongly desiring to go to a professional medical school and have a low GPA there is a remedy.

D.O. schools will let you repeat the class and keep the higher grade thus improving your average enough for entrance.

So if for some reason you cannot get into dental b/c of grades, shoot for an osteopathic school (they have the rep to be very forgiving!!!)

ERS2 :D :thumbup:

Members don't see this ad.

Never give up a dream...if u want it bad enough, bad grades or not you'll get in with due time...
I don't reccomend switching to a completely different medical profession...it just doesn't show determination at all. Just my 3 cents. :cool:

dexadental said:
Never give up a dream...if u want it bad enough, bad grades or not you'll get in with due time...
I don't reccomend switching to a completely different medical profession...it just doesn't show determination at all. Just my 3 cents. :cool:

Having another health profession as a backup though is sound planning.

Members don't see this ad :)
dexadental said:

Well its like this. The professions are closely related in that they are both medical and they allow you to reach your ultimate goal which is to help people.

eddiescott said:
Well its like this. The professions are closely related in that they are both medical and they allow you to reach your ultimate goal which is to help people.

Dentistry and medicine couldn't be more different. I for one would never apply to a D.O. school (or an M.D. school for that matter). If dentistry is your passion apply to dental school until you get in. If all you want to do is be in the medical profession why not just go be a podiatrist, getting into podiatry school is almost a guarantee. I don't believe that most people who would want to be a dentist would be happy being a physician and vice versa.

dr_benj said:
Dentistry and medicine couldn't be more different. I for one would never apply to a D.O. school (or an M.D. school for that matter). If dentistry is your passion apply to dental school until you get in. If all you want to do is be in the medical profession why not just go be a podiatrist, getting into podiatry school is almost a guarantee. I don't believe that most people who would want to be a dentist would be happy being a physician and vice versa.

Well I think your full of BS. I have heard of lots of people that go to dental school because they got tired of attempting to get into med school.

Do some research

eddiescott said:
Well I think your full of BS. I have heard of lots of people that go to dental school because they got tired of attempting to get into med school.

Do some research
I've heard the moon is made of green cheese, and densely populated with polka-dotted groundhogs who play Pacheesi all day. It must be true, since I heard it, right?

aphistis said:
I've heard the moon is made of green cheese, and densely populated with polka-dotted groundhogs who play Pacheesi all day. It must be true, since I heard it, right?

YEP !

Wow, its getting a little heated in here, I think someone may need a time-out. j/k
Just trying to lighten it up a bit

dr_benj said:
Dentistry and medicine couldn't be more different.

I understand your argument (and agree with it), but this statement is way overblown. Dentistry and medicine are more alike than most of the other professions out there. To say they couldn't be more different is a huge exaggeration.

Indeed, dentistry is a branch of medicine in the truest sense.