You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
For you Dead Fans out there...
Started by thegenius
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Berkeley, because it was indoors (I think).
4 for the price of 1. Simple. Veneta is overrated too. It was 105 degrees that day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
lads;f
Last edited:
By the way, 8/25/72 Truckin'>TOO is excellent. The Bird Song from that show is sublime, and Jerry plays a very interesting solo on Cold Rain and Snow. Subtle, but unique. The whole show is peak.
@thegenius
PS: The first song Bob Weir ever wrote: The Other One.
@thegenius
PS: The first song Bob Weir ever wrote: The Other One.
@thegenius
Watching The Other One: The Long Strange Trip of Bob Weir on Netflix. Good stuff.
Watching The Other One: The Long Strange Trip of Bob Weir on Netflix. Good stuff.
8/28/81 is an excellent '80s show, by the way.
Listening to 10/1/94 Boston. It's a rare, excellent mid-'90s show. Jerry sounds sharp and in control, perhaps even sober?
I've spent a considerable amount of time recently watching and listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth.
I'm even going to see an all female Iron Maiden cover band in Sacramento in a few weeks. They are call the "Iron Maidens" LOL
I'm even going to see an all female Iron Maiden cover band in Sacramento in a few weeks. They are call the "Iron Maidens" LOL
Ha! That would be incredible. I'm sure a woman on vocals could nail those Bruce-like screams! Maiden is great.I've spent a considerable amount of time recently watching and listening to Iron Maiden, Metallica, and Megadeth.
I'm even going to see an all female Iron Maiden cover band in Sacramento in a few weeks. They are call the "Iron Maidens" LOL
I was just reminiscing about seeing Metallica in Detroit in '89 and it was still, to this day, one of the best, if not the best concert I've ever been to. Can't f-ing believe my parents let me go alone with pals at 16. The Cult opened, too, which was one of my faves at the time also. Went to see Crue around the same time also and also got trampled! Another incredible show that I was able to find grainy Youtube video of. I've never seen Megadeth live, but they definitely have some good stuff.
Great times.
This is fun. @Birdstrike
Let me know if you can't see it. I'll upload the image somehow (can't paste Twitter images directly into SDN I guess)
Let me know if you can't see it. I'll upload the image somehow (can't paste Twitter images directly into SDN I guess)
That’s greatThis is fun. @Birdstrike
Let me know if you can't see it. I'll upload the image somehow (can't paste Twitter images directly into SDN I guess)
Pall Mall non-filtered! Lol. But only a pint of rum? I guess they stuck with mostly harder stuff! Lol
Haven't listened to the Dead in over two months. Decided to pull out the wireless bluetooth speaker at work tonight. Put on the good old' standby Scarlet > Fire from 5/8/77. It's well trodded and it's one of the best. It's like the good old time familiar and I wanted to go with it, instead of an esoteric TOO from '73.
It's so good. That Fire just rips at the end. It's so smooth. it's not bitter or chunky. It goes down smooth and it has lovely, long lasting notes. Simply fabulous.
It's so good. That Fire just rips at the end. It's so smooth. it's not bitter or chunky. It goes down smooth and it has lovely, long lasting notes. Simply fabulous.
Yessss…Good stuff. One of my favorite Scarlet/Fires ever, I think. I’m at work chillin’ with some Dylan, but you inspired me to switch to the Dead. Pacific ‘73-‘74, here we go.Haven't listened to the Dead in over two months. Decided to pull out the wireless bluetooth speaker at work tonight. Put on the good old' standby Scarlet > Fire from 5/8/77. It's well trodded and it's one of the best. It's like the good old time familiar and I wanted to go with it, instead of an esoteric TOO from '73.
It's so good. That Fire just rips at the end. It's so smooth. it's not bitter or chunky. It goes down smooth and it has lovely, long lasting notes. Simply fabulous.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What the Hell is that?
Sphere in Vegas.What the Hell is that?
Do they show old Dead shows or Dead and Company shows? Because if it's rare and old Dead, I'm there.Sphere in Vegas.
It’s a new concert venue. Whole inside is LCD panels. U2 is finishing a residency there, I went in December. It was awesome. I imagine those indulging in psychedelics while watching Dead & Co will enjoy it immensely. Even those who don’t lol.Do they show old Dead shows or Dead and Company shows? Because if it's rare and old Dead, I'm there.
Attachments
Or they'll really not like it. My local tertiary care center where I trained has a contract with some of the area venues to provide medical coverage at events. Senior residents and attendings can offer to cover shows for around $100/hr. Usually it's pretty chill, you get to watch the show and rarely go and see some minor MSK injury or the occasional drunk in the clinic they set up.I imagine those indulging in psychedelics while watching Dead & Co will enjoy it immensely. Even those who don’t lol.
Dead and co? It was a complete s***show. There were dozens of 50-70 yr olds that decided to re-live their old deadhead days and drop however much LSD they remembered doing back in the day. Dozens were sent to the mothership for psych evals or sobriety holds because they were tripping their faces off and babbling incoherent messes.
I thankfully wasn't there for that one, but it sounded rather terrible. That said, I suspect the LV ER and area venues are well equipped for this kind of thing.
Clicked "Play" and enjoyin' it!
Saw two shows in Las Vegas this weekend, Thu and Fri. I’m generally a skeptic in life and rarely, if ever, use words like amazing and awesome. The Dead and Co at the Sphere was simply magnificent! I was surprised at 1) how intense the visuals were and 2) that the band actually played with pretty good pace. Thoroughly loved the shows and it is well worth the $300 ticket. The Sphere is really something else, and that venue is made for the Dead.
Has anyone else seen them there?
Has anyone else seen them there?
No posts in this thread in 3 months.
@Birdstrike : Phil Lesh has a Youtube channel where he invites guests to play music. Posts 1-2/x a week. Great jams. Great sound. Most (but not all) is very good too. It's here Terrapin Clubhouse
Check it out
@Birdstrike : Phil Lesh has a Youtube channel where he invites guests to play music. Posts 1-2/x a week. Great jams. Great sound. Most (but not all) is very good too. It's here Terrapin Clubhouse
Check it out
Thanks, I will check it out!No posts in this thread in 3 months.
@Birdstrike : Phil Lesh has a Youtube channel where he invites guests to play music. Posts 1-2/x a week. Great jams. Great sound. Most (but not all) is very good too. It's here Terrapin Clubhouse
Check it out
For some reason that link doesn't work. It "cannot be streamed in my country" lol@thegenius
I watched this one. Check out the key solo at 14:00. Good stuff.
Impressions: Phil can still play!
They don't sound like the Dead, but I like their sound! Nice dreamy, breezy, glittery versions of the songs.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not allowed in Californistan, lolFor some reason that link doesn't work. It "cannot be streamed in my country" lol
Phil Lesh died today. I'm so sad right now.
No!!!! f £8!9*€&@@!!!!Phil Lesh died today. I'm so sad right now.
Dude, the dude was 84!No!!!! f £8!9*€&@@!!!!
Dude, the dude was 84!
We knew this was going to happen. It happens to everyone.
Still so hard to handle.
I just saw him in July, and he was posting content until about a month ago.
Roy Orbison was 52 when he died. My folks saw him 1 month before at a performance. He had chest pain for days, and disregarded it. He wasn't old age.We knew this was going to happen. It happens to everyone.
Still so hard to handle.
I just saw him in July, and he was posting content until about a month ago.
New Dead shirt
Cc: @thegenius
Cc: @thegenius
Go Dawgs!
There you go. Although I don't care much for Georgia lol.
I don’t go there, but my daughter does. She loves it. Pre-med. LolThere you go. Although I don't care much for Georgia lol.
The happiest day of my life was when i realized that my daughter had no interest in going into medicine or anything healthcare related. She's about to start a degree in Sports Management which seems much more remunerative and healthy.I don’t go there, but my daughter does. She loves it. Pre-med. Lol
I don’t go there, but my daughter does. She loves it. Pre-med. Lol
You gonna make it to Dead and Co this year in Vegas?
you missed it last year!
Unfortunately not. I looked into trying to make it happen but wasn’t able to swing it. My brother in law just says them there and loved it. You saw them last year, there, right?You gonna make it to Dead and Co this year in Vegas?
you missed it last year!
Unfortunately not. I looked into trying to make it happen but wasn’t able to swing it. My brother in law just says them there and loved it. You saw them last year, there, right?
Yea saw them last year, will see them twice later in April in a few weeks.
They play slow, but when you are drunk and possibly high, and with all the visuals, it's really a great time. The Sphere is a spectacular feat of engineering.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This thread had been dormant for a few months.
Anybody going to Golden Gate park Aug 1-3? I'll be there on Aug 1
Anybody going to Golden Gate park Aug 1-3? I'll be there on Aug 1
Other side of the country, brother! Regrets!
I have long written that I enjoy 80's Dead the least.
Today I asked AI to randomly select a year between 165-1995, and once it gave me 1983, I asked it to list a few famous concerts during that year. It rattled off a few. Then after I prompted another random selection from the famous 1983 shows, it came up with September 6 Red Rocks
Hot dam it is a great show. I didn't know they could do this in 83. My experience was also heightened with a single gummy. That first was pretty darn good and they did some excellent improvization during some of those first, sometimes boring, first setters. I'm listening the hunter seamons matrix. recording is an A!
Today I asked AI to randomly select a year between 165-1995, and once it gave me 1983, I asked it to list a few famous concerts during that year. It rattled off a few. Then after I prompted another random selection from the famous 1983 shows, it came up with September 6 Red Rocks
Hot dam it is a great show. I didn't know they could do this in 83. My experience was also heightened with a single gummy. That first was pretty darn good and they did some excellent improvization during some of those first, sometimes boring, first setters. I'm listening the hunter seamons matrix. recording is an A!
82 red rocks is good tooI have long written that I enjoy 80's Dead the least.
Today I asked AI to randomly select a year between 165-1995, and once it gave me 1983, I asked it to list a few famous concerts during that year. It rattled off a few. Then after I prompted another random selection from the famous 1983 shows, it came up with September 6 Red Rocks
Hot dam it is a great show. I didn't know they could do this in 83. My experience was also heightened with a single gummy. That first was pretty darn good and they did some excellent improvization during some of those first, sometimes boring, first setters. I'm listening the hunter seamons matrix. recording is an A!
Love this funky cover!