Forbes: 25 highest paying jobs in 2018

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drakegrad2011

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Saw Forbes posted this yesterday and look what 2 of the 3 tops paying jobs are: #2) Pharmacy Manger and #3) Pharmacist.

Articles like this and the fact that Pharmacy Schools are not being honest with kids about job opportunities and saturation are reasons kids are still going into pharmacy.

The 25 Highest-Paying Jobs In America In 2018

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
Does it say we are middle class though?

Saw Forbes posted this yesterday and look what 2 of the 3 tops paying jobs are: #2) Pharmacy Manger and #3) Pharmacist.

Articles like this and the fact that Pharmacy Schools are not being honest with kids about job opportunities and saturation are reasons kids are still going into pharmacy.

I was thinking about going to pharmacy, but a lot of negativity on this forum kind of pushed me to nurse to nurse practitioner. Which one do you think has a better future and why?

Members don't see this ad :)
What a dumb list. They separate pharmacy manager and pharmacist, but group together all physicians? Surgeon, orthodontist, anesthesiologist, etc.

Tech developers make much more especially in places like Silicon Valley.

Finance has way higher earning potential. CFA, investment bankers, hedge fund managers, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
What a dumb list. They separate pharmacy manager and pharmacist, but group together all physicians? Surgeon, orthodontist, anesthesiologist, etc.

Finance has way higher earning potential. CFA, investment bankers, hedge fund managers, etc.

The list is only counting W-2 salary, so if your aspiration is to be a corporate drone it makes sense. Sadly, most people (myself included) don't have the connections, personality, or talent to be anything other than a cog in the corporate machine.

Reactions: 2 users
Does it say we are middle class though?

This would depend on which part of the country you live in, I think. Not that I'm living large or anything... especially compared to the owners of the pharmacy lol but where I am, pharmacists are top 10-15% salary. Yes, I know I know, some of you will come in here and trash how ****ty our job is and what not... blah blah blah...

I regret not doing finance, thought I'd only be making 80-90k with hustling/selling myself. I wasn't keen on the whole sell myself thing. I like finance and all my coworkers routinely come to me for basic advice. Didn't realize how easy it could be to get clients if necessary or just on the side if I was an advisor.

I was thinking about going to pharmacy, but a lot of negativity on this forum kind of pushed me to nurse to nurse practitioner. Which one do you think has a better future and why?
CRNP

$$$$$

The 25 Highest-Paying Jobs In America In 2018 - Paid for by the Friends of Pharmacy Deans group.

Reactions: 1 user
Both will be saturated... NP school is also too easy to get into at this point, kinda like pharmacy school. There are online NP schools with 100% acceptance rate...

Reactions: 2 users