Forced to get married

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Now that iv been accepted to med school, my parents gave me a "surprise".
It was a photograph of "my new wife"
They are basically forcing me to sign a contract saying that I will marry a random girl that they know from their home country. If I refuse to do it, they wont pay the deposit, nor will they pay my med school tuition...
I already signed it, but I need some advice...
how hard is it to start a family while in med school?

My mom said she would be willing to help raise my kids as long as I have them within my first 2 years (probably plan to have at least one between MS2 and MS3)

Any advice would help...

Members don't see this ad.

They are basically forcing me to sign a contract saying that I will marry a random girl that they know from their home country. If I refuse to do it, they wont pay the deposit, nor will they pay my med school tuition...

My mom said she would be willing to help raise my kids as long as I have them within my first 2 years (probably plan to have at least one between MS2 and MS3)

Any advice would help...

was she hot?

If your mom is helping you it shouldn't be too hard to do. Good luck bud! I'm glad to see you are making ur parents proud. I hope she is cute...

Members don't see this ad :)
ive seen a lot of this in my day. what you do is freeze 10 samples of your ejaculate for posterity. you get an notarized affidavit stating you are doing this against your will and it is under duress that you marry her. also, state you do not love her or intend to support her. you make a copy of this notarized affidavit and give it to a closely trusted relative or friend. then you get a vasectomy.

she has nothing in any court cases against you.

gg nub.

take out loans. pay for med school yourself.

you can do it.

i want to believe. :thumbup:

Are you from the United States? If so, I am fairly certain (IANAL though) that such a contract would be unenforceable in a court of law. I would highly encourage not going through with it, and going through medical school on your own. Respect for one's parents and elders is one thing; letting them control your entire life is another.

Unless you're really really OK with arranged marriage. From the sound of your post, it doesn't seem like you are.

Any advice would help...

was she hot?

post the pic, then make another thread with the poll option for yes or no.

If you aren't trolling, your parents are psychos. You should grow up and pay your own way through med school.

Be a man, pay for med school yourself like the rest of us. You don't have to do anything you don't want to do, and if your parents really wanted you to be happy, they wouldn't give a **** who you married. Unless she's hot, then marry her.

Um, don't get married and pay the loans yourself. Really?

This can't be for real?

Man, I don't know what to tell you. Just don't do it. Seriously. I appreciate religious customs, believe me I do. But this is just balls out CRAZY!

You're going to be a medical professional. GROW A NOTOCHORD!!!!!!

Seriously... you're better than this.

Members don't see this ad :)
Immigrating purely for a Visa (e.g non love) is illegal so I doubt anyone made you sign an actual notarized contract. This is fake. No lawyer would draw up such a contract.

And I don't buy for a second that if this scenario is at all true, that it doesn't involve immigrant parents and a future immigrant wife.

Ahh, this makes sense. This is also the guy with the crazy mom who e-mailed a school behind his back saying he had multiple acceptances. Either he's trollin like his daddy or his life is really ****ty.

Was she hot?

Yes, I know it has been said before but it bears repeating

Was your mom hot?

I keed, I keed :)

post the pic, then make another thread with the poll option for yes or no.

This is the only reasonable thing to do if you want our help.

Also, OP, that sounds like a sweet deal. I would take it. Parents always know best.

Last edited:
Troll?

If not, that contract is in no way valid. I'm paying for med school and all associated costs, and so should you. I'm 22, by the way, so no age advantage.

Any advice would help...

I'm just jealous about the bold above. My mom still works full time so she can't raise any potential kids I would have....and **** if my parents pay for my whole medical school tuition bill. I'm on full loans + living expenses support from them, only bc I need it to actually make ends meet...

You should go troll pre-law school forums, you'll probably get some good legal advice for your suspicious circumstance! Spread the love! (Such as to the chick in your photo)

Well... you have no spine.. you might as well commit suicide. I kid. Pay someone your parents' money to kill you. Be creative.

Wow an acceptance to medical school, a wife and getting your tuition paid. :cool: Congrats.

I'm betting money the OP is Indian (South Asian) or of the troll ethnicity.

Good job. Saved yourself the trouble of actually finding a woman and get med school paid off. Sounds like win win :laugh:

so first your mom sends an email behind your back to the adcom at a school where you're waitlisted then she makes you sign a contract to marry a stranger by blackmailing you

this is a healthy relationship

"I always knew that after I became a doctor, I would dump whoever I was with and find someone better. That's the dream of becoming a doctor." - Seinfeld

Your wife is so lucky. In case you didn't read in my other threads/comments: its my dream to marry a doctor.

Are your parents also paying for the three hundred sheep that you have to trade for your new wife? Also, how did you manage to post on this forum from the year 1512?

This is obviously a troll.

For future reference though, contract law only applies if the contract does not break superseding laws. You cannot enforce a contract which violates any municipal, state or federal law, otherwise we'd still have indentured servitude.

In other words, the government was smart enough to pass a law that made it illegal for stupid people to sign their rights away.

I am confused as to why this is assumed to be a troll. Forced/arranged marriages are not new, Of all places a doctor forum should be most familiar with it.

I am confused as to why this is assumed to be a troll. Forced/arranged marriages are not new, Of all places a doctor forum should be most familiar with it.

1. This is not this person's first far-fetched thread.
2. Posting a topic like this and then disappearing without following up is a classic sign of troll.
3. SDN is a troll magnet.

Any advice would help...

HSyH0.jpg

Break into Tiffany's at midnight. Do you go for the vault? No. You go for the chandelier. It's priceless. As you're taking it down, a woman catches you. She tells you to stop. It's her father's business. She's Tiffany. You say no. You make love all night. In the morning cops come and you escape in one of their uniforms. You tell her to meet you in Mexico, but you go to Canada. You don't trust her. Besides, you like the cold. Thirty years later you get a postcard. You have a son, and he's the chief of police. This is where the story gets interesting: You tell Tiffany to meet you in Paris by the Trocadaro. She's been waiting for you all these years, she's never taken another lover. You don't care, you don't show up. You go to Berlin. That's where you stashed the chandelier.

First your mom ruins your medical school chances, and then your parents force you to marry? You either have the worst life, or you're lying (which I imagine is much more likely). Go for a creative writing school; you'll do much better there than in medical school.

For anyone not convinced that this isn't real, why does the OP go from being angry at a forced marriage to wanting to raise a family in four lines?

lol this isn't iran, i didn't think this stuff happened in the 21st century united states.

try a different user name this time or less absurd posts that don't contradict each other and stand out for their ridiculous-ness

Break into Tiffany's at midnight. Do you go for the vault? No. You go for the chandelier. It's priceless. As you're taking it down, a woman catches you. She tells you to stop. It's her father's business. She's Tiffany. You say no. You make love all night. In the morning cops come and you escape in one of their uniforms. You tell her to meet you in Mexico, but you go to Canada. You don't trust her. Besides, you like the cold. Thirty years later you get a postcard. You have a son, and he's the chief of police. This is where the story gets interesting: You tell Tiffany to meet you in Paris by the Trocadaro. She's been waiting for you all these years, she's never taken another lover. You don't care, you don't show up. You go to Berlin. That's where you stashed the chandelier.

hahaha wth :confused::confused: