Foreign income exclusion tax

Started by minivet26
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

minivet26

just happy to be here :)
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi!

Wondering if anyone has experience with obtaining foreign income exclusion tax? I’m a US citizen studying in the UK and looking to stay abroad post-grad. I was trying to explore different options with how to pay off hefty loans with a non-US salary, and came across this as a potential option. I’m understanding that I’d have to stay abroad for at least 10 years, and would be able to visit the US for about 14-30 days each year?

What are some hoops I’d have to jump through for this, if any? What does this look like in terms of repayment (or the lack thereof)?

Thanks for the help🥰
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad