Forensic fellowship program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

soundnin

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I've read through old threads but haven't seen this program discussed. Anyone know anything about the forensic program at Walter Reed? Seems like a unique program but their website is somewhat sparse. Also, comparing programs within a region, anyone with any opinions? USF vs Emory, Northwestern vs MCW vs Minnesota, UMass vs Brown? TIA.

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know this for sure, but if I had to guess, Walter Reed's fellowship is only available for their own active duty psychiatrists / senior residents. I don't imagine WR would waste their own money training civilians and the army does need a slow/steady supply of new forensic fellowship trained psychiatrists for their psychiatric autopsies.

Reactions: 1 user
Yeah, it's for active duty ONLY. Maybe the OP is active duty? If you are, it's probably a good choice since you may not have many other options? You should post this question in the military medicine forum. If you are not active duty, it's not available to you.