Forensic Fellowship Timeline

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Turducken21

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm interested in forensics but cannot figure out what the timeline is. Just curious what recents applicants have experienced. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Planning to apply this year and going by AAPL's timeline. Most programs I'm applying to are following it per their website but we'll see lol.

I'm interested in forensics but cannot figure out what the timeline is. It seems like in the past, it was more of a free for all and residents would apply in the spring of 3rd year. Now, it seems like it's more structured with specific dates as far as when programs can review applications, offer interviews and when an acceptance can be offered, as put out by the ADFPF. Reading through some of the posts over the past few years though, it seems like programs don't really stick to those guidelines. I hated the match but at least it provided a concrete timeline. Just curious what recents applicants have experienced. Thanks!
I matched this year for 2024.
All programs are doing their best following the guidelines.
I would check the AAPL guidelines in case anything changes, but majority of external programs (aka forensic programs outside my home institution) were receiving applications by August.
Interviews were all schedule for early September (I strongly suggest trying to fit all the programs that you are interested in prior the September 21st deadline)
On September 21st programs are allowed to make offers to applicants. (If your home institution has a program they can offer to you prior this deadline)
Needless to say by September 22nd majority of the top programs were already full.
They were supposed to still have room to interview applicants later during the month, but majority of programs don’t wait as they don’t want to go unfilled.
If you don’t mind much about location or program itself, there are plenty of programs that go unfilled and would make offers past that point.
Do your research and apply early because this match goes through very early on your 4th year or CAP 2nd year.

Good luck!

Last edited: