Forgot to enter a course on AMCAS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drziggy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I forgot to enter a class on AMCAS, yet I'm already verified and they made no note of it. Do I just call them and have them fix it? What are the consequences if I already entered this course on some of my secondaries?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
UPDATE (for future reference): Called and was instructed to submit a standard Academic Change Request, and that the error would be fixed in 1-5 business days.

Pretty simple.

It WAS on my transcript. I don't understand how it could have been missed.

AMCAS effed up... doesn't sound like the first time either.

CHECK YOUR APPLICATIONS PEOPLE!!!!

Makes me wonder if the MCAT scores they report are always right. They are human.

AMCAS effed up... doesn't sound like the first time either.

CHECK YOUR APPLICATIONS PEOPLE!!!!

Makes me wonder if the MCAT scores they report are always right. They are human.

~42,000 applicants, at least 1 transcript per app, at least 3 letters per app...that's a lot of stuff to track.

sounds like drziggy messed up to me. they have to check thousands of these things, missing a few grades is bound to happen.

Hopefully they do that electronically, eliminating human error in that part of the app.

Hopefully they do that electronically, eliminating human error in that part of the app.
They are getting the transcripts on paper. So even in the best case, there will be a human entering the data. :(

~42,000 applicants, at least 1 transcript per app, at least 3 letters per app...that's a lot of stuff to track.

Yeah... that's why we PAY them money to do it. And to do it correctly.

You pay for a service rendered... like to get your house painted white... but you come back and it's pink, or the paint is crappy and it peels after a week. Yeah, you'll be upset.

I've heard of AMCAS messing up things far greater than a course, miscalculating GPAs down by .2-.3, LOSING LORs, it happens. But then the applicant suffers, and they offer no reprise for that.

Yeah... that's why we PAY them money to do it. And to do it correctly.

You pay for a service rendered... like to get your house painted white... but you come back and it's pink, or the paint is crappy and it peels after a week. Yeah, you'll be upset.

I've heard of AMCAS messing up things far greater than a course, miscalculating GPAs down by .2-.3, LOSING LORs, it happens. But then the applicant suffers, and they offer no reprise for that.

How difficult is it to double-check our own info? Hopefully this is something everyone does anyway. If they mess up, you can tell them and they'll fix it; big deal. You sound like those people on airplanes that complain about a 5-10 minute delay...there are so many variables and so many factors, it's actually quite amazing that there aren't more errors and delays in the tons of crap we take for granted on a daily basis.

How difficult is it to double-check our own info? Hopefully this is something everyone does anyway. If they mess up, you can tell them and they'll fix it; big deal. You sound like those people on airplanes that complain about a 5-10 minute delay...there are so many variables and so many factors, it's actually quite amazing that there aren't more errors and delays in the tons of crap we take for granted on a daily basis.

True, moral of the story is to check everything. I vividly recall entering the course into AMCAS (though that doesn't mean it saved properly), but noticed it was missing and was a couple of credit hours short when I rechecked my verified app. I was shocked that the error wasn't caught.

Mistakes are bound to happen...make sure they don't hurt your application.