Forgot to indicate authorship in w/a?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

shrooberry

Full Member
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all,

Probably a neurotic post, but in my research description, I forgot to indicate that I was first-author for a publication. I put my last name (Last Name, et al.) when citing the paper, but never wrote "(First Author)," like I did with my oral presentations/abstracts. Will they understand that I'm the primary author based off of the last name? I didn't present this specific paper at any conference, so there's nowhere else on the application that helps to indicate that this project was the one I'm first author for.

For context, for my other publication, I wrote the primary author and included my authorship in parentheses "(5th author)." Already submitted my application, so just need some reassurance. Should I clarify in secondaries, or do you think it's self-explanatory?

Thanks so much in advance :')
 
Hi all,

Probably a neurotic post, but in my research description, I forgot to indicate that I was first-author for a publication. I put my last name (Last Name, et al.) when citing the paper, but never wrote "(First Author)," like I did with my oral presentations/abstracts. Will they understand that I'm the primary author based off of the last name? I didn't present this specific paper at any conference, so there's nowhere else on the application that helps to indicate that this project was the one I'm first author for.

For context, for my other publication, I wrote the primary author and included my authorship in parentheses "(5th author)." Already submitted my application, so just need some reassurance. Should I clarify in secondaries, or do you think it's self-explanatory?

Thanks so much in advance :')
It will be apparent by your name being listed first