Forgot to waive my right to see evaluation in AACOMAS...????

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Marrowist

Bone Boy
Removed
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Title says it all. Submitted yesterday and on one of my evaluations, I apparently forgot to waive my right to see the letter... should I be concerned and is there anything I can do?

Members don't see this ad.

Call AACOMAS ASAP, they may be able to release it back to you....and you can simply click it...

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
If AACOMAS doesn't fix it for you notify the letter writer and let him or her know of the mistake.

They have already wrote the letter and it's completed. Will the schools care?

They have already wrote the letter and it's completed. Will the schools care?

I had a couple DO schools last cycle that didn't care at all about the confidentiality deal. I just clicked my interfolio documents and sent them out, knowing what was in them. Does it matter? No.

I even had one school tell me if I could get them a professor recommendation I would be interviewed for this year's class (ie last cycle). I had a more difficult time than most getting a professor to evaluate me, however, so I'm sure it's not the norm.
(Besides being out of school and in a completely different career for quite a few years now, I went to a small school and most of the professors were kind of snobby. )

Anyway, would DO schools accept an eval when you don't waive the right to see it? Sure. If the professor is being honest, it really doesn't matter if you saw it or not.

Called AACOMAS, they really had no idea what I was even talking about, or at least the representative I spoke to, and when I checked the PDF that gets sent to the school, it was marked correctly this time?? Crisis averted...

Called AACOMAS, they really had no idea what I was even talking about, or at least the representative I spoke to, and when I checked the PDF that gets sent to the school, it was marked correctly this time?? Crisis averted...

Id call again, trust me, Ive gotten different responses when calling AACOMAS at different times. This is too big to fail on.