basha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2001
Visit site
Status (Visible)
Yea I had that really really tough form. But just to make sure I wasnt the only who thought that. Can some genius tell me what the answer for that mutations problem was........where the choices were all A*Y*Z*/A*Y*Z*. I dont even know what I put as an answer, all i know is, i spent about five minutes trying to figure it out. Also, did anyone get that ekg passage question, the one asking about how the guys T curve changed after the experiment when he started running. I said it would be higher, atleast i think i put that. I totally guesses all of it, but who knows...

judoka

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2002
md
Visit site
Status (Visible)
If you are talking about the lac operon passage, i think the answer was D. The answer was like this i thing : I-O+Z+/I+OcZ-. That was a tough one.

basha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 19, 2001
Visit site
Status (Visible)
ok, how did u figure that one out. I know that the I mutant cant effect the other allele, jus its own, and the O can effect both. But whats up with the answers, so many same ones.

About the Ads

judoka

Membership Revoked
Removed
15+ Year Member
Aug 1, 2002
md
Visit site
Status (Visible)
I+ can affect both dna strips, because it codes for a protein that inhibits the stuff...i forget, i know it's d though.

dark_scientist

15+ Year Member
May 3, 2002
Visit site
Status (Visible)
  1. Resident [Any Field]
The point was to find the mutant that had an intact operator gene and B-gal gene (O+ and Z+) but a defective gene for the inhibitor (which binds to the operator). The other mutant can have a defective operator and Bgal gene but must have a functional I gene. Answer D is right.

nero

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Oct 15, 2000
Florida
Status (Visible)
Originally posted by basha
ok, how did u figure that one out. I know that the I mutant cant effect the other allele, jus its own, and the O can effect both. But whats up with the answers, so many same ones.

the trick was that O was cis acting, so the normal O had to be with the normal Z...........the normal I however, since it was trans acting, could be on a chromsome separate from the normal O and Z. ..........O+ and Z+ had to be together....................that was the trick.....the end of the passage talked about what cis and trans acting were.

nero

This thread is more than 18 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads