Form Bg

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Deepak_nc

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
FORM BG .....ANYONE TAKE IT...OR ANY OF THE G'S???

Members don't see this ad.

I had BG... ps and bs weren't too bad but the verbal killed me...the world island passage and the social justice passage were killers...prayin for a huge curve...

Yeah, I had it, as well as 4 or 5 others in my group.

PS: not too bad, hoping for a 10...didn't like the optics or the stupid magnetism passage

VR: ok, what the hell. apparently, the AAMC wants people with PhDs in sociology and philosophy for medical school now :p Hannibal Lecter is the only doc I know that would've done well on it.

BS: Now this was a cakewalk. Physiology and Genetics. *yum* Everyone I knew was very happy with the Bio stuff. Orgo wasn't too tough either.

Overall, I felt great about it. I'm betting on at least a 32 (based on my April test).

w00t.

hell yeah where di du take it?
the orgo questions were killer along withthe gene expression question.... GMi???

Members don't see this ad :)
i had form AG....those verbal passages look mighty familiar.... :rolleyes:

Everyone I know had either AG or BG.

And yes, they are both very similiar, differing in only 2 or 3 passages per section.

I don't care what form you had, I don't ever want to define "justice" or "oral history" ever again! +pissed+

Originally posted by katie
I had BG... ps and bs weren't too bad but the verbal killed me...the world island passage and the social justice passage were killers...prayin for a huge curve...

I had both of those on my verbal section but I had BM. I bet all the B's are the same and the second letter varies per testing region.

I stared at the last verbal passage for 10 minutes...blah.

PS was killer...if you guys thought it was easy, I'm in trouble. It was way too conceptual.

VR I thought was very rough too.

BS was good, barring one or two passages (e.g. the GM1 gene that Deepak mentioned)

I thought it was hard... the physics was nasty... Let's pray I broke the thirty! :(

praying always helps...
im praying that my test gets switched with someone who made a 40t

Originally posted by Deepak_nc
praying always helps...
im praying that my test gets switched with someone who made a 40t

Dude, I didn't even consider that!!!

My prayers just went along the lines of:

1.Please PLEASE let my test have been the hardest form possible.

2.Please PLEASE let the bastards at the AAMC be smoted, and smoted GOOD!!!

3. Please PLEASE (do you see the pattern....) let me learn how to throw a 360 degree, iron-cross, backscratcher without hurting myself!!! (it's a newschool skiing trick) (I currently think my odds of throwing down this trick EVER are about the same as scoring above a 30 on the mcat - hence, I think that if I ever throw this trick I must be in the same parallel universe where I can also throw down an above 30 mcat!!!)

Cheers,

Silenthunder

Compared to the test I took in April, this form was MUCH easier.

I hate to say this, but I think its going to be a pretty shallow curve. :( Except for possibly the verbal; that stuff was ridiculous. But the bio was definitely much easier than average. PS was a little easier than before.

*shrug*

When do we get our scores?

chameleon, what do you think a 20 wrong on BS and 20 wrong on PS will translate into.
I am positively sure that I got 7-8 questions wrong on each section, lots of rediculously stupid questions like the chromosome question and a couple of questions in the corn passage, the frog cardio passage, the inhibitor passage, the Magnetic passage, and the hydrated solid passage.
I am anticipating the worse.

hydrated solid was copper sulfate.... i too thought that physical was one of the easiest i have taken.... came out of first section thinking i was gonna kick the tests ass...only to have any kind of confidence i had..be dragged to the depths of misery...

the corn passage was stupid.....should have been on verbal rather than the bio...

what were the two mono sacchrides...on the standalone question...???
glucose and galactose??

Members don't see this ad :)
hydrated solid was copper sulfate.... i too thought that physical was one of the easiest i have taken.... came out of first section thinking i was gonna kick the tests ass...only to have any kind of confidence i had..be dragged to the depths of misery...

the corn passage was stupid.....should have been on verbal rather than the bio...

what were the two mono sacchrides...on the standalone question...???
glucose and galactose??

I put glucose and galactose... You guys thought the physics was EASY? That's insane.. I guess it will be a shallow curve. Oh well... guess I gotta take it again. Hey in the physics, with the bug that was injected out of the syringe, what was holding the drop there?

yeah surface tension acts on all raindrop;s as well.... this is what holds the raindrop; in a spherical form...minimizes stress or something

Deepak is right.

DEFINITELY no lower than 9, more than likely 10 for both. That is, of course, assuming you missed approximately 18-22.

Good luck. :)

And for those of you who may not have done so hot; this isn't the sole gauge of your worthiness as a person! Med schools look at the entire application, not just this test.

:D

maybe 11 considering the fact that this test was definitely harder than 5R or 6R.. i think it was even a little harder thaN 4R

I keep having nightmares about the stupid test... And it's always great having such supportive friends and family n all... but I hate recounting the test and all the negative feelings I've associated with it. :(

Physics was not nice. Anything to do with Optics is like a death sentence for me.. then they put in magnetism and electrolytic. EAT MY SHORTS!

I'm not a big fan of optics either, but that electrostatics passage was just *Eech*

Hopefully, that was one of those apochrypheal (sp?) experimental passages that aren't really graded.

Does anyone else agree that the biology was a breeze? Or do I just have really good teachers? *shrug*