Form CH

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Csv321

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Argh...I found this forum after taking the MCAT this past Saturday. I left very VERY angry but felt a little better after reading everyone's posts. It was good to see that a lot of other people found it difficult and was a relief to read supportive posts.

I made such stupid choices due to the time limits. I chose the wrong answer for that glomerulus question (I think the answer was high blood pressure, right?) I didn't look at that gel electrophoresis picture long enough to catch the trick question. And I forgot what the mesoderm layer doesn't form. It should have been nerves I think but I put bones for some reason. Oh, and that one question with how you would detect PDK I should have gotten. I think I put antibodies but I should have known better since it isn't an infection. I think the answer should have been plasma fluid....ARGH! Plus, I didn't finish the PS section and when time was called, I bubbled in 6 questions with C (since that was my "magic" letter) and wasn't able to bubble in 5 of them cuz I sat in the front and she took my test first. =( Then those passages for verbal were soooo boring. I thought BS was going to be ok but they threw in that crazy ochem passage and the ridiculous Drosophila question. Of course, the content had to be filled with genetics cuz it was the one subject I didn't study too hard for. Needless to say, I abused my liver that night.

In the bio section, I got a lot of D's in a row and then a lot of B's in a row. That kinda got me nervous.....Please tell me someone else noticed that :eek:

I'm praying for the best but I'm going to be prepared for the worst. I'll be facing the evil again in August no doubt..... :mad:

Members don't see this ad.

Hey,

I think you got that PKD question right, antibodies was the only choice with DNA.

Csv321 said:
I think the answer should have been plasma fluid....
In the bio section, I got a lot of D's in a row and then a lot of B's in a row. That kinda got me nervous.....Please tell me someone else noticed that :eek:

I'm praying for the best but I'm going to be prepared for the worst. I'll be facing the evil again in August no doubt..... :mad:

No, the answer was leukocytes--they have DNA. I missed that.

then i had a section where D's just ran thru, and another with A's. It only made me feel worse.

Here's to August---> I will makesure I kick this thing bad should I happen to retake. Wasn't expecting the April MCAT to be this hard.

Members don't see this ad :)
I feel your pain. I had CH also. I feel like I studied everything for the MCAT except what was on that form. Passages sucked, BS was mind numbingly filled with genetics and Ochem. No Gchem. I hope we have a great curve. :(

Csv321 said:
Argh...I found this forum after taking the MCAT this past Saturday. I left very VERY angry but felt a little better after reading everyone's posts. It was good to see that a lot of other people found it difficult and was a relief to read supportive posts.

I made such stupid choices due to the time limits. I chose the wrong answer for that glomerulus question (I think the answer was high blood pressure, right?) I didn't look at that gel electrophoresis picture long enough to catch the trick question. And I forgot what the mesoderm layer doesn't form. It should have been nerves I think but I put bones for some reason. Oh, and that one question with how you would detect PDK I should have gotten. I think I put antibodies but I should have known better since it isn't an infection. I think the answer should have been plasma fluid....ARGH! Plus, I didn't finish the PS section and when time was called, I bubbled in 6 questions with C (since that was my "magic" letter) and wasn't able to bubble in 5 of them cuz I sat in the front and she took my test first. =( Then those passages for verbal were soooo boring. I thought BS was going to be ok but they threw in that crazy ochem passage and the ridiculous Drosophila question. Of course, the content had to be filled with genetics cuz it was the one subject I didn't study too hard for. Needless to say, I abused my liver that night.

Csv321 said:

oh man. i came in with the attitude of a champ - been scoring 33-38 in the AAMCs. what a rude awakening. from the start, some ape starting making strange puffing noises. he was also gyrating his foot against the entire table. so painfully distracting.

I think i got a series of D's then B's (or maybe A's). i made sure to recheck that all of those were right.