Form CN

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

loomis

Lifetime Student
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
ok...i'll give into the urge to gossip.
i had form CN today......thought physical sciences was pretty hard. I had a passage on geometry and some other theory....got slapped on that one. I thought the physics was in general ok but man the chem was difficult for me.
verbal section was ok.....bio was also pretty straightforward; much less orgo that i though there would be.

anyway, congrats to everyone finishing today. hope you guys light it up tonight!

Members don't see this ad.

hey, i had form CN too. i thought the bio was a little weird...physical science was okay but had way too many seatbelt related questions for physics. didn't you get tired during bio b/c they gave us so many bio passages in a row? i don't think we got an orgo passage until the 5th passage or so. overall, i thought it was alright, but the bio section was a bit ambiguous.

yeah...bio was tricky; some of the immuno questions stumped me..also the metastasis/cancer passage.
PS...man, that geometry thing was confusing. kinda wish they has some experimental questions that they wouldn't count!!!

I agree that the geometry passage sucked. I spent so much time on it that I didn't have time to guess on a few questions. Does anyone know the answer to the question about what concept the head into the steering wheel represents (Newton 1, 2, 3, or work-energy theorem)?

Members don't see this ad :)
doctorwannabe
i struggled with that question and i ended up choosing newton's 1st.
why? cause our head keeps going forward until another force acts on it (airbag/car). very unsure about this though....

i didn't have that form but i think i remember an ek question or passage that had to do with an airbag...was that like your question...like the air bag increases the time of collission or something..just thought it might be helpful

hey, about the air bag question- i think it was newton's 2nd law- every action has an equal and opposite reaction. i was debating b/twn 1st and 2nd law, but then i remembered in aamc 6r there was a question and the answer was newton's 2nd law, so they seem to like it...i dunno though. i just thought that for the action of the car stopping the equal and opposite reaction would be the heading hitting the air bag and going back...
bio was definitely tricky- the passage about vomiting (the 1st passage) took me some time. oh, for the PS section- what's unique about gamma rays? is it that they penetrate matter or that they're electromagnetc waves?

oh shoot, i guess i got my laws confused- i think the opposite reaction one is newton's 3rd law. oh well!

i chose gamma rays as being EM waves'; i came to this answer by process of elimination...i know that alpha and beta rays can penetrate matter...though to different extents. i also vaguely remember gamma rays as being real high frequency stuff from physics way back. hope this helps

Originally posted by BobbyDylanFan
i didn't have that form but i think i remember an ek question or passage that had to do with an airbag...was that like your question...like the air bag increases the time of collission or something..just thought it might be helpful

bdf,
actually that was another question on our exam! however this one asked something to the effect of "which of newton's law is represented by the interaction of the person and the airbag, etc."
did you take the exam in boston? i took it at BC. ok place.

I had CN too...and this gossip, while addicting, is dangerous! :D

But I'm glad I'm not the only one who thought physics was tough. And was'nt it fantastic to start off bio with a vomit passage?! It reminds me of some post I read here a long time ago where a girl was so nervous during the test that she puked in her mouth and then swallowed it back down - Nice!

Just to get off the rehashing of the test, how did you guys unwind after it was over? I had a few tall beers and took a hot bath, then watched Monty Python and crashed early.

Relax everyone - you did fine!

Hey my friends,
I got CN too,
After the exam everybody told me PHY is easy, But I do not think so at least for "CN"
I love PHy and CHEm and I am confident on that (my practice scores are always12-13. But on real mcat I really had a hard time.
I do not know but they were hard for me. Verbal was not bad, But biology seems like covers more material that we cover in Kaplan. I mean I am not Bio major so It was more in depth but I guess I did alright but ORG was good. I know It was not bad.
So do not worry there is a different curve fro every book so I will enjoy my next 6 week, drinking tea and eating German Chocolate

thanks for the followup daffy.

if anyone else had questions about CN, post and hopefully someone can chime in....although hopefully, we're not thinking about this so much anymore :)