Form EG

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Kimka83

SDN Donor
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Overall, not that bad.

PS - do-able, and I finished in time, which is difficult for me
VR - I felt weird about it, some of the questions were confusing. I usually do well on verbal, but this one freaked me out a little
BS - good, not much organic

Anyone else with thoughts?

Members don't see this ad.

I had FG
PS and BS were okay I guess.
I wasn't too astonished. But verbal was an unpleasant surprise. I thought it was pretty tough. You expect a few hard, convoluted passages but this one just seemed full of them. Verbal is usually my best section, I hope I didn't screw up.
Another odd thing is that I finished early on every section. This freaked me out, under Kaplans testing conditions I always came up short.

EG

PS--straight forward and nothing too difficult.
VR--a lot of tricky questions
BS--straight forward, only one organic passage

newbie04 said:
EG

Yeah, the verbal was hard. I just made me second guess every answer I chose. I hate that feeling!

Members don't see this ad :)
I had EG

Had a lotta trouble getting started on the first writing topic.
Didn't start actual writing for 15 mins...and hand was hurting
by the time I was done.

I finished all the sections in time...but had to guess more than I'd hoped.

Now we get to wait....blah

Johnny :)

newbie04 said:
EG

I thought the Bio was tough, I thought there was 2 orgo passages. PS straight forward. VR threw me off, I thought it was tough.

I forgot what the topics were on the VR. Anyone remember??--I am drawing a blank except for a passage about scientific theory, one about wolves, and one about property and the government.

I thought the BS was hard..harder than the past AAMC test I had taken (5R-8) and harder than any of kaplan's BS. I think this feeling was pretty widespread at my site. Anyone else feel similarly?

PS-pretty easy overall, nothing out of the ordinary
VR-ahhhh, complete toss-up...hopefully there'll be a favorable curve
BS-tough at first glance, but it wasn't too bad once you understood what was goin on...the ochem questions were gimmes.

what kind of curve do you guys think we'll have? favorable, unfavorable??

I had EG,

I thought the PS was about the same as last year, but I was crunched for time because of a couple difficult questions. Was very disappointed about not answering 3-5 questions

Verbal - Easier than last August imho. I felt it flowed really well.

BS - More organic on this than last year, but pretty basic organic stuff, that I had actually looked at so wasn't totally foreign. I thought the genetics and biology questions were average.

Over all I hope PS doesn't do me in, because I wanted to do better on that section compared to last year, but I have a feeling I didn't improve in it :(

I was sittin here trying to think...but nothin happened :eek:

I can't remember a single problem with any detail...is that normal?
Do I have oldtimers? :scared:

What I remember best was the longgggggg minutes before we could start and half the people fidgeting like we were crack-****** about to finally get our fix.

JohnnyOU said:
I was sittin here trying to think...but nothin happened :eek:

I can't remember a single problem with any detail...is that normal?
Do I have oldtimers? :scared:

What I remember best was the longgggggg minutes before we could start and half the people fidgeting like we were crack-****** about to finally get our fix.

oldtimers? i doubt it ;)

i couldnt remember anything from the verbal section after the exam, turned out well for me though so lets hope the same happens for you

newbie04 said:
I forgot what the topics were on the VR. Anyone remember??--I am drawing a blank except for a passage about scientific theory, one about wolves, and one about property and the government.

WWI

ancient greek korios statues

don't remember anything else.

Members don't see this ad :)
sanford_w/o_son said:
WWI

ancient greek korios statues

don't remember anything else.

hey yah, i had form EL with the greek kuros statues, too. whad did you think of that passage?

newbie04 said:

I don't remember a passage on scienific theory. thats not a good sign..

whatda guys think about that bio passage with the renin-angiotensin genes in the rats... why did.... [edit]

I don't remember a passage on scienific theory.

It was the last passage. I believe it focused on pure empiricists and how they accept a theory as true and correct--it doesn't have to be a sound theory, it just hasn't been disproved otherwise.

Anyone remember the first passage?

newbie04 said:
It was the last passage. I believe it focused on pure empiricists and how they accept a theory as true and correct--it doesn't have to be a sound theory, it just hasn't been disproved otherwise.

Anyone remember the first passage?

ppl and similar environments?

pdiddy348 said:
whatda guys think about that bio passage with the renin-angiotensin genes in the rats...why did [edit]?

i am pretty sure i selected the answer about [edit]

what was the answer for the question that asked [edit]? i had to guess on that one cos none of the choices made sense to me.

Silent Cool said:
hey yah, i had form EL with the greek kuros statues, too. whad did you think of that passage?

i think it was one of those where you had to look up (or remember--no way) many details from the passage. i didn't think it was a difficult read, but it took some time to tackle the questions.

Can't say for sure if this is right, but the test was given because [edit] - they were able to mimic the cause by [edit] - so maybe [edit] should validate the cause. Anyone else reason that?

without being too specific,
onthe verbalpassage with canada and vets -
did you think the author was explaining or justifying?

ingamina said:
without being too specific,
onthe verbalpassage with canada and vets -
did you think the author was explaining or justifying?
i thought he was doin neither...i thought he was introducing that topic since he said that it was ignored before in history all the time..

i had form EJ and non of my passages mentioned canadians, ididnt have a passage on empiricism either...there was something about scientists. arent all the passges the same for the E's?

I thought the tone was justifying because some of the words he used sounded favorable to the vets and "hostile" to the strict border people, but it was so border line, I hate verbal, because it makes you 2nd guess everything.

no canadian/vet poppycock on EK, unless i repressed that one.

i will say that once i opened the first section on saturday and the MCAT stood hovering over me, i immediately fell on my back and urinated on myself a bit. and i wasn't just trying to be like a kid.

Canada/vet was about the draft dodgers who fled to canada from the US. I repressed this also and had no idea what you guys were talking about but it is coming back to me now.