Quantcast

Form FK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Coolio30

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi, what did you guys think of this one.

I thought verbal was decent. Topics on methane reuglator, paradigm models, technology and literature, and usual boring, dry, crap. I managed to finsish on time and I think it was on the same level as Kaplan verbal. The extra pressure and nervousness made it a little difficult for me though.

The physical sciences was ok. Topics on buffers, momentum, Galileo's telescope and other usual stuff. Much easier than Kaplan and a lot more
conceptual. I think it was my best section.

The BS was a little difficult. Stuff on opiate receptors, carbonyl chem, and other stuff.
I had one weird question. Maybe you guys can help.
If a beaver lives in a area of low salt content, does he a) decrease his salt reabsorption at the distal tubule, b)increase his salt reabsorption at the proximal tubule, c)have excessive amounts of hypotonic urine, or d)have low amounts of hypertonic urine. Thanks for all your help.

nyupremed

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
UI don't remember seeing that one but I wpuld have put increase absortion at proximal tubule.

Coolio30 said:
Hi, what did you guys think of this one.

I thought verbal was decent. Topics on methane reuglator, paradigm models, technology and literature, and usual boring, dry, crap. I managed to finsish on time and I think it was on the same level as Kaplan verbal. The extra pressure and nervousness made it a little difficult for me though.

The physical sciences was ok. Topics on buffers, momentum, Galileo's telescope and other usual stuff. Much easier than Kaplan and a lot more
conceptual. I think it was my best section.

The BS was a little difficult. Stuff on opiate receptors, carbonyl chem, and other stuff.
I had one weird question. Maybe you guys can help.
If a beaver lives in a area of low salt content, does he a) decrease his salt reabsorption at the distal tubule, b)increase his salt reabsorption at the proximal tubule, c)have excessive amounts of hypotonic urine, or d)have low amounts of hypertonic urine. Thanks for all your help.

kaybam20

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I also had form FK, but i cannot remember doing a question like that.

foofish

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I don't remember nearly any of those topics on FK, nevermind the beaver...

rs76

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
What was up wiht that ear passage. I got rocked wiht the biology section!

mikhail1945 said:
didnt take mcat, but best Sn2 solvent is always polar aprotic right?

Mr. Tee

Indentured servant
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Reaction score
gujuDoc said:
Hehehehe.......the post you quoted is for this form in 2002. :laugh: :laugh:

Just thought I'd share because that probably makes a difference.

LOL :laugh:

strontium90

aspiring to MD
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone recall a section matching up a sequence of RNA with it's DNA template. I'm thinking about it and think I may have really hosed it because it was tRNA(which I didn't take into consideration due to my fatigue at that point). The directionality of the DNA would have been opposite that for other types of RNA...