Form FK

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

epignathus

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had form FK and here's what I thought.

Verbal: Not too bad. Passage on measuring the distances of galaxies through the use of the apparent brightness of stars was almost identical to a passage I read over in my Princeton Review course. I skipped the passage on the homeless people being former psychiatric patients released in the 1970s, I put all B's. I believe the passage had 10 questions (30-39) so perhaps this was an experimental passage as some other members have suggested.

Physical Scieneces: Pretty tough. First passage on pile-driver was easy but the second passge on gamma rays entering our atmosphere was ridiculous. I had the bridge passage and didn't think it was too bad. I said the forces on the bridge were tortional and vertical (I believe answer C). I have no idea if this is correct.

The Biological Scieneces: Ridiculous. I felt the most confident about this section going into the test but thought is was the most difficult. First passage on sankes was not bad. Felt good about passages on Statins. Orgo was very hard and I just finished taking Orgo this summer. Knew the Wittig rxn passage well but the passage of acetacylic acid was ridiculous. Those 3D drawing of the molecules threw me for a loop. These drawings were not used in the Orgo text I used (Wade) but have seen them in other texts (McMurry). The passage was very convoluted, I could not determine which C-O bond they were refering to as being trans to the caboxyl H. It had to be the ester portion of the molecule. If there was an experimental passage I suspect this one was it. The passage on stokes, glutamate, and NMDA receptors was not too bad. The Orgo passage on protien chemisty was an unpleasent surprise since we did not go over this in my Orgo class. Perhaps I'll learn more about this in Biochemisty. The passage on the artifically created lung machine was pretty tough and the passage on epinephrine and Agent X was ridiculous. I was hoping to have a passage on hormones since I have a good background in this subject but this passage was very hard.

In general, the free-standing questions were pretty easy on both science sections but the passages were hard.

If anyone took this form of the test or remembers any of the passages or questions discussed above I would hear what you thought about them

Members don't see this ad.

I had form FH, but it seems as if I had a lot of the same questions you did. I too, put vertical and torsional forces on the bridge question. I am hoping that was right, because nothing else seemed go be going good for me in this exam. I thought that PS was tough, but I was absolutely floored by the biological! I ran out of time and did not even finish the passage on Epinephrine and Agent X. I think I just went through there and answered all of those questions with the same letter! My organic seems to have been a little different than yours, however, but tough!

What did you put for the question on the orbiting satellite/shuttle after it increased its tangential velocity?

The one about the shuttle and the tangential velocity, I was not sure about! I was torn between saying it would go into outer space or that it would increase it's radius of orbit. I think I finally decided that it would go into outer space, but I just did not know.

Members don't see this ad :)
As I said I had FK but I do not remember this question. Did you have form FK? The only question I had like it was in the Verbal passage on the apparent brightness of stars and is was like somehthing about if the speed of a star orbiting a galaxy is faster than predicted than, ans: there would be more dark matter. I don't remember exactly, but I don't recall having a passage in the PS section about an orbiting satilite.

I had FH as well. I wonder how many passages are different for each F form

i had form fk and don't recall a question about a shuttle and tangential velocity.

i'm glad to hear you thought bio was difficult. by that point in the test my brain was so tired that i didn't even know if it was difficult or if i was just not thinking or both. and there was this beeping going on in the test center that would not stop! i also thought ps was difficult. there were hardly any calculations, and those are the ones i do best on. verbal was ok. they called 1/2 time when i was only on question 30, so i ended up rushing through the last half, but at least i finished.