Formal Acceptance Letter Help!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

HopefulDPT96

SPT
2+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I am in the process of writing a formal written letter of acceptance for a program I was just accepted to. What are some good things to include in the letter? I have never done one of these before so I could really use some help.

Also, this is a really dumb question, but does the letter need to be hand-written? Or can I type it and then sign at the bottom? The specific language they used asked to "formally confirm your acceptance in writing."
 
"Thank you for your invite to join your DPT program. I humbly accept and very much look forward to furthering my education at your institution. Regards..."

Nothing fancy or hand written, they just need to know you are coming.
 
^^^ I agree. Keep it short and to the point. I don't think they expect like an actual formal letter or anything. Probably just need physical documentation of you accepting your seat.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad