chance of admittance

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

worrieddad

Reaction score
As my username suggests this is not about me, but worried for my daughter. She is currently a Jr in undergrad. Overall GPA 3.72 prerequisites all A's two B's but she has C's in A&P I and II. Observation hours closing in on 150 hours everything from peds to in-px four different offices. She has been volunteering in special olympics from the time she has been in seventh grade both in our home county and now where she goes to school. She is involved in three clubs in school, has been the captain of a sports team for two years now, and will also be captain her senior year. She is very concerned about her two C's, actually these are her only two C's in her college career. How worried should we be? Welcome any comments.

Members don't see this ad.

For the record, I had two C’s in prereqs and still got accepted into some of my top choices. However - I know A&P is crucial and some schools might look down on it. She’s only a junior, I highly recommend retaking them (at least one) at a community college. It’ll show hard work that she made the effort to retake a grade she technically didn’t fail. When it’s time to apply she will be able to use just the better grade for A&P and her prereq gpa will be higher than if she had those C’s. Message me if you have any more questions or need help

As my username suggests this is not about me, but worried for my daughter. She is currently a Jr in undergrad. Overall GPA 3.72 prerequisites all A's two B's but she has C's in A&P I and II. Observation hours closing in on 150 hours everything from peds to in-px four different offices. She has been volunteering in special olympics from the time she has been in seventh grade both in our home county and now where she goes to school. She is involved in three clubs in school, has been the captain of a sports team for two years now, and will also be captain her senior year. She is very concerned about her two C's, actually these are her only two C's in her college career. How worried should we be? Welcome any comments.
Should not matter. Schools/their systems are likely to look at overall GPA instead of digging into specific subjects.

As long as her overall GPA and science GPA are solid and the school accepts C's, she should be okay. Have her look at her science GPA specifically too - if the Cs are dragging it down she should retake one or both. She could do that at a CC to save money, most PT schools accept CC credits.