Formal or informal post-bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ellemenop

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys!
I just graduated from college this year with a 3.46 oGPA 3.2 BCP 3.4 sGPA, and a DAT of 25AA/24TS/25PAT. Given my stats, would it be more worthwhile to do a formal post-bacc program or an informal one at a nearby college to boost my GPA? If I were to do an informal post-bacc, would it be on classes that I didn't do so well in in undergrad, or just a couple random upper level science courses? Thanks!
 
Hi guys!
I just graduated from college this year with a 3.46 oGPA 3.2 BCP 3.4 sGPA, and a DAT of 25AA/24TS/25PAT. Given my stats, would it be more worthwhile to do a formal post-bacc program or an informal one at a nearby college to boost my GPA? If I were to do an informal post-bacc, would it be on classes that I didn't do so well in in undergrad, or just a couple random upper level science courses? Thanks!
your gpa does not need boosting
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi guys!
I just graduated from college this year with a 3.46 oGPA 3.2 BCP 3.4 sGPA, and a DAT of 25AA/24TS/25PAT. Given my stats, would it be more worthwhile to do a formal post-bacc program or an informal one at a nearby college to boost my GPA? If I were to do an informal post-bacc, would it be on classes that I didn't do so well in in undergrad, or just a couple random upper level science courses? Thanks!

You should be just fine with these stats. Don't do a post bac formally. IF you want to keep taking classes this fall and spring, that should be fine. But, don't go into a formal program.

Also, apply as soon as you can so that you have a good shot at getting accepted.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
You should be just fine with these stats. Don't do a post bac formally. IF you want to keep taking classes this fall and spring, that should be fine. But, don't go into a formal program.

Also, apply as soon as you can so that you have a good shot at getting accepted.
Do you have any suggestions as to what I could do over my gap year if I didn't do any form of post-bacc? Would volunteering/working while taking a couple classes be alright since I know formal post-baccs are looked upon favorably because of their full courseload and rigor?
 
Since you have some options, do something different such as work for a dental startup or start a dental non-profit (or work for one). Do something that will set you apart in the admissions process.