Formal or informal post-bacc?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ellemenop

Reaction score
Hi guys!
I just graduated from college this year with a 3.46 oGPA 3.2 BCP 3.4 sGPA, and a DAT of 25AA/24TS/25PAT. Given my stats, would it be more worthwhile to do a formal post-bacc program or an informal one at a nearby college to boost my GPA? If I were to do an informal post-bacc, would it be on classes that I didn't do so well in in undergrad, or just a couple random upper level science courses? Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi guys!
I just graduated from college this year with a 3.46 oGPA 3.2 BCP 3.4 sGPA, and a DAT of 25AA/24TS/25PAT. Given my stats, would it be more worthwhile to do a formal post-bacc program or an informal one at a nearby college to boost my GPA? If I were to do an informal post-bacc, would it be on classes that I didn't do so well in in undergrad, or just a couple random upper level science courses? Thanks!
your gpa does not need boosting

Just apply. You'll get in somewhere with those numbers

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!

You should be just fine with these stats. Don't do a post bac formally. IF you want to keep taking classes this fall and spring, that should be fine. But, don't go into a formal program.

Also, apply as soon as you can so that you have a good shot at getting accepted.

Last edited by a moderator:
You should be just fine with these stats. Don't do a post bac formally. IF you want to keep taking classes this fall and spring, that should be fine. But, don't go into a formal program.

Also, apply as soon as you can so that you have a good shot at getting accepted.
Do you have any suggestions as to what I could do over my gap year if I didn't do any form of post-bacc? Would volunteering/working while taking a couple classes be alright since I know formal post-baccs are looked upon favorably because of their full courseload and rigor?

Since you have some options, do something different such as work for a dental startup or start a dental non-profit (or work for one). Do something that will set you apart in the admissions process.