Formal or Informal Postbacc in NYC

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

InFactotum

EM Doc and CCM Fellow
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
(I did a search on this, but didn't find any threads that really answered my question.)

I'm considering moving to NYC sometime around August. I didn't get in this year and my med school advisor said I should do a postbacc. He said informal or formal didn't really matter that much. Onto the real question:

I live in San Diego, so have no idea what programs are in NYC. I've looked through the AAMC's postbacc page and will probably apply to the Stony Brook program. What other programs are in NYC that are not incredibly expensive? Doesn't matter whether it's an informal postbacc at a local university or something formal. I just know I probably can't pay $700/unit. Stony brook's 200-400 looks pretty good.

I will probably do the Stony Brook program if I get in, but I need other options that are guaranteed (i.e. informal postbacc as an extension student) in the area. Thanks, I don't really know where to begin other than AAMC's site.

Members don't see this ad.