egpndoc

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
204
0
So Cal
Status
Hello, I will be starting dental school this fall and Iheard that we need to collect a certain amount of teeth by the first quarter or something like that. Anyways, Ive asked all the dentists I have worked to collect extracted teeth for me, but thye asked me what percentage of formaldehyde I wanted to put them in. I looked like a jack a$$ coz I didnt know what to say. Any tips? Is there anything else ebsides formaldehyde I need to get? Thanks.
 

drillerNfiller

Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
2+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Jul 3, 2003
35
0
Visit site
Status
egpndoc said:
Hello, I will be starting dental school this fall and Iheard that we need to collect a certain amount of teeth by the first quarter or something like that. Anyways, Ive asked all the dentists I have worked to collect extracted teeth for me, but thye asked me what percentage of formaldehyde I wanted to put them in. I looked like a jack a$$ coz I didnt know what to say. Any tips? Is there anything else ebsides formaldehyde I need to get? Thanks.
water works or any other liquid for that matter, but if u wanna kill the bacteria water mixed with bleach is good
 
4

45540

do 1:10 bleach mixture. I'd change out the liquid after they've been sitting in it for the first couple weeks.

Also, after they've been in the bleach for a while you can put them in a water/listerine mixture so the teeth don't turn too brittle.
 

Fullosseousflap

Wet-Gloved Dentist
10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
CJWolf said:
do 1:10 bleach mixture. I'd change out the liquid after they've been sitting in it for the first couple weeks.

Also, after they've been in the bleach for a while you can put them in a water/listerine mixture so the teeth don't turn too brittle.
Add a little glycerin too. So your marginal ridge/cusp won't chip off when you are drillin'!
 
OP
egpndoc

egpndoc

Senior Member
10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Jan 27, 2005
204
0
So Cal
Status
Fullosseousflap said:
Add a little glycerin too. So your marginal ridge/cusp won't chip off when you are drillin'!
so add bleach, water and glycerin, correct? what proportions? no formaldehyde?