Former peace corps volunteer, chances?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Aiicha

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi Guys,
Any advice/input is much appreciated. I am taking the MCAT Aug. 7 and I am planning at least a 30 hoping for better. I have a undergrad cum GPA 3.6 and sci. 3.4. I served two years in the Peace Corps as a health education volunteer. I didn't realize that I should have submitted my app like a month ago, because I just thought deadlines were in the fall. I am going to submit with the week though. Do you guys have any input on my chances? I know my GPA is lame but I'm hoping to make it up with my MCAT, plus I figure Peace Corps stands out a little. Any former Peace Corps volunteers who could share their experience? Really any input would be great. Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

i think you will be fine - a 3.6 gpa isn't that shaby, just do well on the mcats. i heard the peace corps is looked on in a pretty good light by adcoms.

also , could i pm you sometime to talk about the peace corps - i've been interested for a while but never have had anyone i could talk about it with. ive done volunteering overseas, but ive always felt a little ambivilant about the whole 2 year deal.

I assume "pm" means private message? I'm always willing to talk about the peace corps. I loved it. Send me a message anytime.

I'm a RPCV, my GPA ain't all that hot either.... and I did alright on my MCAT. I'm applyn' now too... I also loved my experience and I'd be willn' to talk about it as well... lata

jeff