Formula sheet during tutorial

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sxogriff820

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Has anyone that has taken the MCAT used the tutorial time to make a formula sheet? If so, what is your experience with it and what did you write down?

Members don't see this ad.

Has anyone that has taken the MCAT used the tutorial time to make a formula sheet? If so, what is your experience with it and what did you write down?
I did it and it helped me a lot. I wrote down every single formula I could possibly need. Didn't plan on doing it but during the actual test I was like might as well.

I did it and it helped me a lot. I wrote down every single formula I could possibly need. Didn't plan on doing it but during the actual test I was like might as well.
did you categorize the formulas so that you didn't miss anything? i'm having trouble deciding the best way to remember to write down every formula

Members don't see this ad :)

I only wrote down difficult ones (the one about fluid pressure and dynamics, lights and mirrors. The others I had memorize based on concept. So I had probably 10 formulas that I wrote down. I also wrote down trends for the periodic table.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN Mobile

I wrote down any formula I could think of and it seemed to help quite a bit as I didnt have to waste any time recalling formulas on my PS.

Wow, never thought of doing that myself! That would've come real handy in at least a couple physics questions (electrochemistry ugh!)

Why not write down a few acronyms for embryology, cell cycle, etc while you're at it?

did you categorize the formulas so that you didn't miss anything? i'm having trouble deciding the best way to remember to write down every formula
I categorized it into however I remembered it. Didn't plan on doing it it just happened. Suprised how many formulas I knew.

Tried breaking it into subjects

I wrote down anything I could think of and tried to keep it coherent for ease of finding equations. I thought writing down the equations helped me spend less time per question when it came to computations.

I wrote down every formula I could remember. I tried to categorize them based on the chapters in TPR review books since that is how I remembered them. I did this for all of my practice FL's and on the real thing. It was a tremendous help.

I wrote down every formula I could remember. I tried to categorize them based on the chapters in TPR review books since that is how I remembered them. I did this for all of my practice FL's and on the real thing. It was a tremendous help.
not to be really annoying lol, but what topics do you think are the most important to write down and what do you think the most difficult formulas are, i'm having trouble deciding what to focus on

That's what really sucks about physics, you have to focus on EVERYTHING because you never know what will show up. For me I had trouble trying to derive all of the kinematics formulas so I wrote down all of the different forms. I also struggled with the electrical forces and magnetism so I made sure to write those down in an easy to understand way. The FL's I did were very circuit heavy (ohms law stuff) so I focused on those equations but both of my actual MCAT's had VERY LITTLE circuit problems. My best advice is to practice the ones you struggle with but generally have basic knowledge of every concept and equations that go with them.