Dropping out during orientation

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HusoKuro

Reaction score
Might be a strange question but orientation is starting up next week for one DO school, however, I’m still waitlisted at a local DO school. If I get accepted to the local one, am I able to drop out during orientation? Also, would I be obligated to pay the entire tuition for the school I dropped out of?

Members don't see this ad.

Might be a strange question but orientation is starting up next week for one DO school, however, I’m still waitlisted at a local DO school. If I get accepted to the local one, am I able to drop out during orientation? Also, would I be obligated to pay the entire tuition for the school I dropped out of?
Check online to see if your school has the refund policy posted on their financial aid site, or email the department.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is not uncommon. We get and lose a couple every year. Depending on the school, you may qualify for a full or partial refund. The school can pull someone off the waitlist pretty easily. Good luck and best wiahes!

Reactions: 1 user
This is not uncommon. We get and lose a couple every year. Depending on the school, you may qualify for a full or partial refund. The school can pull someone off the waitlist pretty easily. Good luck and best wiahes!
Thank you for your response!

Might be a strange question but orientation is starting up next week for one DO school, however, I’m still waitlisted at a local DO school. If I get accepted to the local one, am I able to drop out during orientation?
Yes, this happens all the time
Also, would I be obligated to pay the entire tuition for the school I dropped out of?
Depends upon the school's policies.