1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice

Formulas/kinetics on NAPLEX

Discussion in 'Pharmacy Licensure and Exams' started by off2skl, Apr 23, 2007.

1. off2skl

off2skl Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

Hey all, I've started going through the APHA review book for the NAPLEX and got to the kinetics chapter. I'm just looking at all those formulas (formulae??? :) ) wondering how I'd ever remember them. Does the NAPLEX go that into kinetics or is just more concepts? I mean I figure since you have to use the computer calculator that doesn't have logs or anything, it can't be that complicated. But if someone could ease my fears a little....

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. pharmagirl

5+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    This is a good question! I've wondered about that myself.

4. Tessalon

2+ Year Member

I was thinking that there is no way they can ask in depth kinetics since the calculator on the screen only has basic functions. I'm holding off on studying that chapter for now and moving on to the other stuff.

5. wrek92

wrek92 UF COP 2007
    7+ Year Member

Pharmacist
    A friend of mine attended the Flynn Warren review and he mentioned that there is an on-screen calculator that does not have exponentials so i guess kinetics can't be too complex but I am sure conceptual stuff like how many half lives to steady state are fair game.

Definitely want to review calculations like mEq, drip rates, etc.

HTH