Formulas/kinetics on NAPLEX

Started by off2skl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

off2skl

Senior Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all, I've started going through the APHA review book for the NAPLEX and got to the kinetics chapter. I'm just looking at all those formulas (formulae??? 🙂 ) wondering how I'd ever remember them. Does the NAPLEX go that into kinetics or is just more concepts? I mean I figure since you have to use the computer calculator that doesn't have logs or anything, it can't be that complicated. But if someone could ease my fears a little....
 
I was thinking that there is no way they can ask in depth kinetics since the calculator on the screen only has basic functions. I'm holding off on studying that chapter for now and moving on to the other stuff.
 
A friend of mine attended the Flynn Warren review and he mentioned that there is an on-screen calculator that does not have exponentials so i guess kinetics can't be too complex but I am sure conceptual stuff like how many half lives to steady state are fair game.

Definitely want to review calculations like mEq, drip rates, etc.

HTH