Formulating a plan

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

indymed

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am putting together a schedule for boards studying. I can't really decide where to start. Like, what subject do you hit first? What resource do I hit first? Do I start with first aid and go off of that? What do you base your studying on? What are the best resources? I understand many students tend to load up on too many books and that it is better to have a few tried and true books. Maybe I should use the books I used in my first two years? I am also the type of student who likes to take notes in class and then go off the scribes. How would someone like me study? So many questions but I think its better to get them answered at the beginning.

Members don't see this ad.

The books you used your first years will be way to detailed unless they are review books. You need the bare minimum of material that will get you a good score. As far as where to start, I started by reading through First Aid (yes the whole book at once) to get an overview of everything and then went into specific subjects. As I went along I added relevant material to FA and then at the end came back to it and read it all through again. Wrapped things up nicely.