-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
forum died hard
Started by rads22222
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
B
Beezlebub
Ridiculous and counterintuitive to the mission statement of this forum. I'm probably going to get banned by my statement, but idc.
Light at end of tunnel
Dangerous to be right when government is wrong
Removed
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
rads forum died hard in the aftermath of the ROL ordeal, lol. I've never seen a thread so quiet.
good luck in the match everyone
I think honest mistakes were made by admin., but they tried to rectify. There is a valuable lesson to be learned here. I doubt anything like this would happen again, and Im sure they wish they could go back in time and act differently.
Are we beyond forgiveness? Lets hope not, bc all humans are prone to mistakes, right?
Zero chance you get banned: freedom of expression is intrinsic to SDN's fiber.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
Beezlebub
what are their plans to rectify this situationI think honest mistakes were made by admin., but they tried to rectify. There is a valuable lesson to be learned here. I doubt anything like this would happen again, and Im sure they wish they could go back in time and act differently.
Are we beyond forgiveness? Lets hope not, bc all humans are prone to mistakes, right?
Light at end of tunnel
Dangerous to be right when government is wrong
Removed
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
Ya'll sound hormonal, pucker up for cryin out loud.
The decision to remove the thread was incorrect. Winged Scapula and I have discussed it.
I apologize for this event and hope that members continue to support the nonprofit mission of SDN.
There are many forums available for students and doctors. SDN is the only forum created by students and physicians for the sole purpose of helping other students become doctors. We've fought for years and spent thousands in legal expenses to defend our members from schools, organizations, and residency programs that don't want honest and open discussion.
I know this decision was damaging and betrayed the trust of my fellow members. SDN must continue to be a place where all members can discuss openly, anonymously and free.
Please contact me if you have concerns or questions.
I apologize for this event and hope that members continue to support the nonprofit mission of SDN.
There are many forums available for students and doctors. SDN is the only forum created by students and physicians for the sole purpose of helping other students become doctors. We've fought for years and spent thousands in legal expenses to defend our members from schools, organizations, and residency programs that don't want honest and open discussion.
I know this decision was damaging and betrayed the trust of my fellow members. SDN must continue to be a place where all members can discuss openly, anonymously and free.
Please contact me if you have concerns or questions.
You're absolutely correct. The decision was wrong and not in line with normal activity at SDN.Ridiculous and counterintuitive to the mission statement of this forum. I'm probably going to get banned by my statement, but idc.
Light at end of tunnel
Dangerous to be right when government is wrong
Removed
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
Seriously guys, lets turn the other cheek.
**** happens.
For the record, I meant to swear!
**** happens.
For the record, I meant to swear!
rads forum died hard in the aftermath of the ROL ordeal, lol. I've never seen a thread so quiet.
good luck in the match everyone
Most people that were planning to post their ROL already did. It definitely created a lot of confusion when the thread was deleted but I think Lee and WS have done their best to fix things. Hopefully people will feel inclined to post after the match. SDN has been a great resource from pre-med til now, for me at least. Let's try to continue that for future applicants.
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
Yeah, I think the situation may have been blown out of proportion. It's sad to see the forum so dead with all this free 4th year time.
Zero chance you get banned: freedom of expression is intrinsic to SDN's fiber.
Wrong.
Really I think that the biggest issue is that most of the regular posters already put up their rank order list and right now there isn't much to talk about. I know that I didn't take incredibly detailed notes so it's also fairly difficult for me to give program reviews (despite me being fairly anonymous) this late after interview season; some people may have a better memory and post them once we match, but for now it doesn't seem to be a priority.
Light at end of tunnel
Dangerous to be right when government is wrong
Removed
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
Wrong.
You've gotta explain what you mean here.
Keep in mind that I had my account held for 2 weeks some time ago, so I have first hand knowledge of how it feels to be "censored."
But honestly, they have to draw the line somewhere and maintain forum decorum.
Otherwise, with the amount of flaming, trolling, and spamming that CAN happen with these types of public sharing sites, SDN would effectively cease to offer a meaningful forum at all.
Last edited:
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
B
Beezlebub
im curious, what did you do to warrant that sort of punishment? I've crossed many lines on forum so far and people gave me over 300 likes. some even PM me their pet's pictures.You've gotta explain what you mean here.
Keep in mind that I had my account held for 2 weeks some time ago, so I have first hand knowledge of how it feels to be "censored."
But honestly, they have to draw the line somewhere and maintain forum decorum.
Otherwise, with the amount of flaming, trolling, and spamming that CAN happen with these types of public sharing sites, SDN would effectively cease to offer a meaningful forum at all.
B
Beezlebub
i made a philosophical statement couple days ago regarding eating dogs and cats = no diff than eating chickens and cows b/c they're all animasl, so people hate me for being real.Flaming/rudeness
I deserved it though, and I had two warnings before hand. I was still learning the ropes.
They PM you pictures of pets? LOL why?
B
Beezlebub
dont be a hypocrite, they're all animals. billions of people starving in the world and people care more about dogs/cats than other humans.I love me a good cat.
eww no way
dont be a hypocrite, they're all animals. billions of people starving in the world and people care more about dogs/cats than other humans.
Dogs > Humans
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
B
Beezlebub
ill give you $100 if you put that on your personal statement
B
Beezlebub
consumed. my fellow americans and village folks in the western world continuously stereotype ppl from the east for eating dogs, etc, but they dont realize that folks are starvng and they will eat whatever animal they can find. im just amused at how ignorant and hypocritical the world is.I'm confused. Are you saying you think cats/dogs should be consumed in the western world or that they should be held in higher regard?
I mean, if I were starving and I had no other choice...you do what you gotta do.
ill give you $100 if you put that on your personal statement
Do you own a dog?
B
Beezlebub
in the past yeah. brah i can sense the bait a mile away. it makes no difference, if im starving with nothing to eat and there's a dog in front of me, it's BBQ time. common sense.Do you own a dog?
Light at end of tunnel
Dangerous to be right when government is wrong
Removed
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
This is exactly where I saw this thread going. Completely expected re direct in topic.
Anything is better than silence and quiet.
Anything is better than silence and quiet.
in the past yeah. brah i can sense the bait a mile away. it makes no difference, if im starving with nothing to eat and there's a dog in front of me, it's BBQ time. common sense.
Just stay away from my dog.
in the past yeah. brah i can sense the bait a mile away. it makes no difference, if im starving with nothing to eat and there's a dog in front of me, it's BBQ time. common sense.
Would you eat another human if you were starving? Serious question, same argument
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
B
Beezlebub
i'd be significantly more deterred to eat my species. honestly, i cant answer that question, hopefully that scenario will never arise. i had this debate last night in another thread.Would you eat another human if you were starving? Serious question, same argument
Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
here's an interesting story about a group of people crash landed on the andes. had to resort to eating dead bodies b/c they had no other option in order to survive.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Uruguayan_Air_Force_Flight_571
what would you do in order to survive?
I don't "get" this controversy. People were account sharing. You're not supposed to do that. It's not that hard. Separately, it's amusing to me how the radiology forum uses anonymous accounts so much and has large megathreads of program reviews, more than most/any other specialties. Why is that? There's also the weird obsession with program rankings and tiers.
Maybe I missed those threads in other forums.
Maybe I missed those threads in other forums.
I don't "get" this controversy. People were account sharing. You're not supposed to do that. It's not that hard. Separately, it's amusing to me how the radiology forum uses anonymous accounts so much and has large megathreads of program reviews, more than most/any other specialties. Why is that? There's also the weird obsession with program rankings and tiers.
Maybe I missed those threads in other forums.
Radiology people are nerds. Simple as that.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Are there really that few reviews in other specialties? I feel like that many rads programs aren't reviewedI don't "get" this controversy. People were account sharing. You're not supposed to do that. It's not that hard. Separately, it's amusing to me how the radiology forum uses anonymous accounts so much and has large megathreads of program reviews, more than most/any other specialties. Why is that? There's also the weird obsession with program rankings and tiers.
Maybe I missed those threads in other forums.
Light at end of tunnel
Dangerous to be right when government is wrong
Removed
Lifetime Donor
5+ Year Member
The forum lives on!
If you all want to discuss programs and leave feedback for future applicants, there are urology and dermatology google docs that have been created that allow applicants to do this. One of you may want to consider creating one: it allows for an anonymous discussion and it does not get SDN in trouble
Similar threads
- Replies
- 7
- Views
- 3K
- Replies
- 155
- Views
- 33K