-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Forum member Oldstock banned?!
Started by VP_Pharm2004
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
He needed a break anyways, guy was always on here. People are getting the message so I feel like arguing about it 24/7 is not necessary anymore.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Dam I'm going to miss reading her sarcastic comments in the meantime.
yup wondered what happened with the guy that called me a ****** AND was wrong in every way possible lololol
Probably too busy running his preceptor's pharmacy to the ground, you are more likely to win the powerball jackpot a whole bunch of times in a single lifetime than see that 0.25^100 statistic ever happening
Sorry os was banned. Thing is, it's just a website. Best to limit time on SDN.
On the Internet, people can be harsher than they would be in person; although anymore, it's getting crazier. People feel like it's OK to say whatever in person, regardless of whether fair, or appropriate, or even in showing the slightest amount of decency or respect for someone else. It's like someone misinterpreted the saying about respect being earned. There is still a place for respectfulness towards others, even if you don't agree with them. I'm not liking this increasing trend among people. I have to wonder how much technology is influencing this growing trend?
On the Internet, people can be harsher than they would be in person; although anymore, it's getting crazier. People feel like it's OK to say whatever in person, regardless of whether fair, or appropriate, or even in showing the slightest amount of decency or respect for someone else. It's like someone misinterpreted the saying about respect being earned. There is still a place for respectfulness towards others, even if you don't agree with them. I'm not liking this increasing trend among people. I have to wonder how much technology is influencing this growing trend?
I don't even know who the mods are anymore. Whoever it is...they are probably stupid. And whatever we are talking about was probably the wrong decision.
I have no clue what she (or he) got banned for any reason. He (she) might've been little sarcastic, but at least very helpful to many prospective students too. Horrible decision whoever banned her( or him)
D
deleted480308
The mods on this forum are significantly better than any of the other forums i've been on, cut them some slack as we all know they can't post here to defend their decision
D
deleted556323
He/she was annoying. Good.
I don't know why some people take it personal. It is only a forum. You should get to post whatever is on your mind. If you don't like someone's posts, just don't read them or just block that person. Yes, it is THAT simple. Move on.
I don't know why the mods even care. Don't they have better things to do with their lives?
I don't know why the mods even care. Don't they have better things to do with their lives?
I don't know why some people take it personal. It is only a forum. You should get to post whatever is on your mind. If you don't like someone's posts, just don't read them or just block that person. Yes, it is THAT simple. Move on.
I don't know why the mods even care. Don't they have better things to do with their lives?
They aren't allowed to share. What happens at times, however, is that a person or people may lay on the "report post" button. I have reported posts over the years only rarely--the most recent was on the allopathic MS site. But the dominant social group there, at least IMO, seems to like to bully and fight and play games and just generally feel superior over others as they "high-five" each other in the high-school-like antics. It's their particular terrain right now, and will be so until the landscape changes, socially speaking, for the better.
Also, I've let me be pulled into stuff b/c someone will go on a tangent, and well, I followed them down it b/c of certain beliefs or perspectives. The dominant group loves this, b/c you stick out like a sore thumb and then they get to make you the object of their frustration or need for attention or validation--or they want to keep the social dynamics as it is, and a differing voice is salt in their game--so they bully to make you leave. "Don't disturb the status quo," so to speak.
People are people. What are you gonna do?
It seems reasonable to realize you can't take such stuff on an Internet site too seriously. Sometimes there is some supportiveness is certain threads, but there are those threads where it's open season. This is why mods have to try to insist people stay on topic--going down bunny trails leads to problems.
In the end, the wisest thing is to limit time on the boards. Use it for relevant information, maybe some light discussion, and then get on with the massive other stuff in your life. This makes everyone's life/job easier--including the mods.
Not sure why she got banned either. All of her recent posts seemed fine to me. Even though she constantly talks about how pharmacy is going down the drain due to saturation, she still encourages pre-pharmers with bad grades to better themselves and keep on trying. Its kind of a contradiction but its still better than some people who put down others to make themselves feel better. They definitely need the ban hammer to knock them off their high horse.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
yeah, oldstock did seem more balanced than some of the other negative nancys around here.
Not sure what triggered the ban here. There was the lovely lisinopril who called everyone a liar at his pleasing without saying much else. So maybe that ticked off a trigger happy mod. But oldstock did make a ton of meaningful contributions, digging up articles and material and offering feedback while reading between the lines and helping on the fence applicants. Even uploading stats/docs backing up his arguments, hardly anyone on this forum would go through that trouble. Nor was a user ever targeted with name calling (ahem NickW ahem) or vulgar insults. We will never know for sure.
I am still lurking here to read messages. I had to make another fake account to post my message on SDN to thank those that have supported me and even criticized me. One thing I noticed on this forum is our right to the freedom of speech. This is one of the bricks that built the foundation of America and this is the allure that draws many to an online forum such as SDN where we can speak our mind without discrimination, repercussion, or retaliation.
Now if SDN is a private club and wants to ban me for any reason, OK, I get it. But it is NOT OK when SDN claims that their decision is based on a democratic process and approach. In other words, they are saying that they are a “democracy," while practicing actions that are far from this fair process. In my honest opinion, that's the origin of the problem. My posts were written out without any bad intent. I have not directly targeted anyone in this process with name calling, insults, or the like. Thus I feel like I was given a Socratic sentence by SDN here for posting my opinions and thoughts.
I have also noticed some users asking why I was banned in the first place. So I am going to post everything here about the reasons I got banned from SDN and let you to be the judge of this incident. I am going to post all messages I exchanged with the SDN moderator that originally put me on “probationary status” last weekend and also the last message SDN sent me with the notification of the ban. All of them.
I challenge SDN not to take down my posts or ban me again. It is easy to shut me off, but it is not easy to shut everyone off. It is easy to ban me then ban another person and more people who are not agreeing with your views. But it is not easy to learn how to respect the opinions, ideas and voices of those people who are different. And I challenge SDN to do just that.
*Special thanks to %^ – a SDN member who helped me edit this message !!
Now if SDN is a private club and wants to ban me for any reason, OK, I get it. But it is NOT OK when SDN claims that their decision is based on a democratic process and approach. In other words, they are saying that they are a “democracy," while practicing actions that are far from this fair process. In my honest opinion, that's the origin of the problem. My posts were written out without any bad intent. I have not directly targeted anyone in this process with name calling, insults, or the like. Thus I feel like I was given a Socratic sentence by SDN here for posting my opinions and thoughts.
I have also noticed some users asking why I was banned in the first place. So I am going to post everything here about the reasons I got banned from SDN and let you to be the judge of this incident. I am going to post all messages I exchanged with the SDN moderator that originally put me on “probationary status” last weekend and also the last message SDN sent me with the notification of the ban. All of them.
I challenge SDN not to take down my posts or ban me again. It is easy to shut me off, but it is not easy to shut everyone off. It is easy to ban me then ban another person and more people who are not agreeing with your views. But it is not easy to learn how to respect the opinions, ideas and voices of those people who are different. And I challenge SDN to do just that.
*Special thanks to %^ – a SDN member who helped me edit this message !!
Last edited:
You were likely banned for your general behavior and the way in which your posts tended to be insulting toward others. The process isn't democratic in the sense that everyone on SDN has a say, it is democratic in the sense that the mods have a discussion about each ban and do not unilaterally eliminate anyone- they talk about it, then vote based on the discussion and evidence. It would be more appropriate to say it is a trial by a panel of judges than a democracy, if you want a more appropriate analogy.
Violating the TOS further with a new account certainly isn't helping the case that your ban was inappropriate btw.
Violating the TOS further with a new account certainly isn't helping the case that your ban was inappropriate btw.
Last edited by a moderator:
This saturation is the biggest threat to our profession from our ability to find work to expanding our roles. It should be discussed on a regular basis.
If you would like to put your head in the sand and hope things will work out then go ahead. Staying quiet is the worst thing you can do not only for yourself but also for this profession.
If you would like to put your head in the sand and hope things will work out then go ahead. Staying quiet is the worst thing you can do not only for yourself but also for this profession.
Oldstock wasn't banned for being vocal about the future of the pharmacy profession and the state of saturation within the market, that I can assure you.This saturation is the biggest threat to our profession from our ability to find work to expanding our roles. It should be discussed on a regular basis.
If you would like to put your head in the sand and hope things will work out then go ahead. Staying quiet is the worst thing you can do not only for yourself but also for this profession.
Oldstock wasn't banned for being vocal about the future of the pharmacy profession and the state of saturation within the market, that I can assure you.
you obviously need to read the messages above and google for the definition of "democracy" !! 😉
There's a difference between polite discussion and flaming the forums. You intentionally made your posts as inflammatory as possible. You can be vocal without being inflammatory.you obviously need to read the messages above and google for the definition of "democracy" !! 😉
anyway, talking about insulting, do you all see I was insulted by Winged Scapula ?? But I am sure that like w NickW, that is not insulting people and thus it is ok 🙂
There's a difference between polite discussion and flaming the forums. You intentionally made your posts as inflammatory as possible. You can be vocal without being inflammatory.
your posts here are not inflammatory ?? jeez... whatever makes you happy... lol 🙂
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyway, prob @Mad Jack is going to report me and SDN mods will ban me and / or take down my posts by end of tonight.
Have fun and I wish you all luck !!!! 🙂
Have fun and I wish you all luck !!!! 🙂
There's a difference between polite discussion and flaming the forums. You intentionally made your posts as inflammatory as possible. You can be vocal without being inflammatory.
Are we still in kindergarden? LOL
No one is calling and harassing you. No one is going to your house and bothering you.
This is an anonymous forum. You choose to be here. If you don't like a certain member, just don't read her posts or you can respond to them and then move on with your life.
Did her posts hurt you so badly that you want her ban?
I didn't dislike oldstock, nor have I ever reported him/her. I did, however, note how inflammatory their posts could be. This forum is supposed to be a place for professional discussion, not rage-inducing clickbait. The moderation process is fair, and I've yet to see anyone undeserving be banned.Are we still in kindergarden? LOL
No one is calling and harassing you. No one is going to your house and bothering you.
This is an anonymous forum. You choose to be here. If you don't like a certain member, just don't read her posts or you can respond to them and then move on with your life.
D
deleted480308
@Winged Scapula was calm and professional, old stock...you are the one acting out of hand
It is more like selective monitoring.
I got banned for a month for saying it is idiotic to borrow more than 250 k for pharmacy school. Apparently some people got hurt by my comment.
I am sorry but not everyone is going to sugarcoat things for you. It is going to happen here and it is certainly not going to happen in the real world.
I got banned for a month for saying it is idiotic to borrow more than 250 k for pharmacy school. Apparently some people got hurt by my comment.
I am sorry but not everyone is going to sugarcoat things for you. It is going to happen here and it is certainly not going to happen in the real world.
You can say it's idiotic, because it's true. But if you directly call someone an idiot, that's out of line and disrespectful.It is more like selective monitoring.
I got banned for a month for saying it is idiotic to borrow more than 250 k for pharmacy school. Apparently some people got hurt by my comment.
I am sorry but not everyone is going to sugarcoat things for you. It is going to happen here and it is certainly not going to happen in the real world.
^^ if someone does idiotic things, doesn't that make the person an idiot?
What are you going to do when a patient yelled at you for messing things up? Complain to your hospital administrators? Get that person ban from the hospital?
I am sorry your feelings got hurt but someone needs to say it and more importantly, you need to hear it.
What are you going to do when a patient yelled at you for messing things up? Complain to your hospital administrators? Get that person ban from the hospital?
I am sorry your feelings got hurt but someone needs to say it and more importantly, you need to hear it.
My feelings are neither hurt nor do I understand your point. I worked in a hospital for over 5 years. If a patient was upset with me, we dealt with it through the proper channels, which was a rare event and literally always ended in my favor.^^ if someone does idiotic things, doesn't that make the person an idiot?
What are you going to do when a patient yelled at you for messing things up? Complain to your hospital administrators? Get that person ban from the hospital?
I am sorry your feelings got hurt but someone needs to say it and more importantly, you need to hear it.
Last edited:
Multiple accounts are not allowed. Closing thread. Because Obama.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 5K
