forum vs podium presentation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Surgeon Heart

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My abstract got accepted at a conference as a forum presentation (5 minutes presentations with at least 4 powerpoint slides and 3 minutes discussion). I told my mentor that our abstract got accepted as a podium presentation but later on I realized that this is not a podium presentation! What is the difference between the two? I am really confused!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
It's like a mini-podium presentation. Some conferences will have a "selected abstracts" symposium, which is basically the same thing. Different conferences have different presentation formats and what they call them doesn't matter that much.

I generally lump refereed presentations into two categories: (1) me standing next to a poster and talking to anyone who wants to listen, or (2) me speaking about something in front of an audience for x number of minutes.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: 1 users
It's like a mini-podium presentation. Some conferences will have a "selected abstracts" symposium, which is basically the same thing. Different conferences have different presentation formats and what they call them doesn't matter that much.

I generally lump referred presentations into two categories: (1) me standing next to a poster and talking to anyone who wants to listen, or (2) me speaking about something in front of an audience for x number of minutes.

Thank you. This makes sense to me.

I generally lump referred presentations into two categories: (1) me standing next to a poster and talking to anyone who wants to listen, or (2) me speaking about something in front of an audience for x number of minutes.

Thank you. This makes sense to me.