forum vs podium presentation?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Surgeon Heart

New Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My abstract got accepted at a conference as a forum presentation (5 minutes presentations with at least 4 powerpoint slides and 3 minutes discussion). I told my mentor that our abstract got accepted as a podium presentation but later on I realized that this is not a podium presentation! What is the difference between the two? I am really confused!
 
Last edited:
It's like a mini-podium presentation. Some conferences will have a "selected abstracts" symposium, which is basically the same thing. Different conferences have different presentation formats and what they call them doesn't matter that much.

I generally lump refereed presentations into two categories: (1) me standing next to a poster and talking to anyone who wants to listen, or (2) me speaking about something in front of an audience for x number of minutes.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
It's like a mini-podium presentation. Some conferences will have a "selected abstracts" symposium, which is basically the same thing. Different conferences have different presentation formats and what they call them doesn't matter that much.

I generally lump referred presentations into two categories: (1) me standing next to a poster and talking to anyone who wants to listen, or (2) me speaking about something in front of an audience for x number of minutes.

Thank you. This makes sense to me.
 
It's like a mini-podium presentation. Some conferences will have a "selected abstracts" symposium, which is basically the same thing. Different conferences have different presentation formats and what they call them doesn't matter that much.

I generally lump referred presentations into two categories: (1) me standing next to a poster and talking to anyone who wants to listen, or (2) me speaking about something in front of an audience for x number of minutes.

Thank you. This makes sense to me.