Step III Found day 1 easy??? Why??? Help.

Started by DrCustals
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

DrCustals

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Yesterday I took day 1, and I want to share my experience due to the odd feeling I'm having. I am an old IMG graduate that decided after years to go for IM in US. It went really bad in STEP 1 (very rusty on basic sciences) and CK, though I past on my first attempt. CS went horribly for me, I failed twice due to problems with the patient note most of the time. I spent around 3 years in this process. Now, I start preparing for STEP 3, and I worked my ass off. I had ~3 mo dedicated time (7-9 hrs per day) just on ONLINEMEDED and UWORLD. First time around I averaged 53 on UWORLD, got 51% on UWSA (I think it was like a 185). I felt kind of frustrated. I did a second time around UWORLD and got a 63% on UWSA 2 got like 53%, I think that is barely passing. So here I am 4 weeks away from day 1 and feel like crap. I called a friend who had taken the step 3 and he told me I should reschedule, I ignored him.

I bought MTB for step 3 and went over my weakest topics. I worked on my wrong answers and was averaging in the 70s. Forward to today, I sat for my day 1 yesterday, I started my exam (almost soiling my pants), and to my surprise it was not that hard. I had worked on my biostats, memorized all formulas, wrote them out on the scrapsheet, etc. I did 3 blocks back to back, fully energized, took a 20 min break, then did the other 3 blocks back to back. I was done, and I felt that the questions were not that hard, I mean not like Im getting 100% questions right, but I think I can definitely pass this exam. The thing is that I see many people who did better than me on other Steps, Qbanks, UWSA, etc. and say the test was hard and felt miserable. I feel I screwed up, how could I find this ease if people who average more than me say otherwise??

I am taking my day 2 in 10 days, and Im focusing 70% on CCS and 30% on MCQs now.

Can someone help my frustration?
 
Yesterday I took day 1, and I want to share my experience due to the odd feeling I'm having. I am an old IMG graduate that decided after years to go for IM in US. It went really bad in STEP 1 (very rusty on basic sciences) and CK, though I past on my first attempt. CS went horribly for me, I failed twice due to problems with the patient note most of the time. I spent around 3 years in this process. Now, I start preparing for STEP 3, and I worked my ass off. I had ~3 mo dedicated time (7-9 hrs per day) just on ONLINEMEDED and UWORLD. First time around I averaged 53 on UWORLD, got 51% on UWSA (I think it was like a 185). I felt kind of frustrated. I did a second time around UWORLD and got a 63% on UWSA 2 got like 53%, I think that is barely passing. So here I am 4 weeks away from day 1 and feel like crap. I called a friend who had taken the step 3 and he told me I should reschedule, I ignored him.

I bought MTB for step 3 and went over my weakest topics. I worked on my wrong answers and was averaging in the 70s. Forward to today, I sat for my day 1 yesterday, I started my exam (almost soiling my pants), and to my surprise it was not that hard. I had worked on my biostats, memorized all formulas, wrote them out on the scrapsheet, etc. I did 3 blocks back to back, fully energized, took a 20 min break, then did the other 3 blocks back to back. I was done, and I felt that the questions were not that hard, I mean not like Im getting 100% questions right, but I think I can definitely pass this exam. The thing is that I see many people who did better than me on other Steps, Qbanks, UWSA, etc. and say the test was hard and felt miserable. I feel I screwed up, how could I find this ease if people who average more than me say otherwise??

I am taking my day 2 in 10 days, and Im focusing 70% on CCS and 30% on MCQs now.

Can someone help my frustration?
I just took it last 2 weeks ago, day 1 is straight forward but day 2 is challangable for me, focus on CCS