Fourth Year Peds Electives in Texas

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

wintermagnolia

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I'm in the process of choosing Pediatric electives for my fourth year schedule. Does anyone recommend any particularly helpful or interesting rotations at any of the Texas med schools? Especially interested in Dell in Austin, TX or at UTHSC-San Antonio. Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Hi,
I'm in the process of choosing Pediatric electives for my fourth year schedule. Does anyone recommend any particularly helpful or interesting rotations at any of the Texas med schools? Especially interested in Dell in Austin, TX or at UTHSC-San Antonio. Thanks!

I'm a non-peds UTHSCSA grad. I think you should look at Christus Santa Rosa (downtown children's hospital) vs main campus if you can. I feel like the MS's who went into peds tried to get their rotations there. As a non-peds interested student, I rotated at the main campus and military bases which were easy but not very interesting. This was 6 years ago so maybe a more recent student can post on this.

http://www.christussantarosachildrens.org/

There is Driscoll's Chrildren's hospital in Corpus Christi. They have a peds residency there so take rotating students all the time.