This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

FemaleJD

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
My partner is currently finishing up his ob/gyn elective and moving onto fourth year this August and we have the itch to go back to the Caribbean for a short period. For reference: He is a Caribbean medical student at St. George in Grenada and St. George's hospital offers some basic med electives. Our issues lies with this: We are gearing towards New Jersey for a residency and a few other students say that NJ will not accept a foreign med elective and basically disregard him for Match (or at least something along those lines: point being a residency wouldn't somehow be available to him in NJ because of this). A fairly wild and bold claim but still mildy worrisome?
I personally cannot find anywhere where NJ rejects people because of this and I can't help but find those claims odd since NJ is so IMG friendly; maybe this is really in regards to certain hospitals and their affiliations, rather than state-wide? If anyone has any experience with this, please let me know! Thank you in advance.

Members don't see this ad.