Frankie, the evil club weilding capsule

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

WVUPharm2007

imagine sisyphus happy
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So Sarah is into this stuff called "Urban Vinyl". It's this cool art movement thing that involves collecting these little figurines that range from 2"-48" tall. The best I can describe it is pop culture meets graffiti meets 3-D sculpture. Most of them are from this art house called Kid Robot. So she is browsing through some of these thing and she runs into this one that is essentially a capsule holding a club with nails coming out of the thing. Way too freakin' cool to pass up, she decided to buy it. And now I have fun with it.


0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg


Oh..yes...there will be more...
 
Small HIPAA violation goin' on up there I'd say. Though I guess if I lived in West Virginia I'd need all sorts of mind numbing medications as well. And a lot of moonshine.

Thing looks like some sort of intricate sex toy if you ask me. But that's just if you happened to be asking.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
She has generalized anxiety disorder. It's actually quite debilitating if untreated. And it's not really a HIPPA violation because she gave me the bottles to use. If you think that is a sex toy, you clearly need to get laid.
 
She has generalized anxiety disorder. It's actually quite debilitating if untreated. And it's not really a HIPPA violation because she gave me the bottles to use. If you think that is a sex toy, you clearly need to get laid.

Generalized Anxiety Disorder: some of the pharmaceutical industry's finest disease mongering in the last decade or two. That and osteoporosis.
 
Well....all I know is that all of a sudden she started to have panic attacks that lasted 30 minutes plus about 2-3 times/week....and the Zoloft made it go away. If you think it's just a placebo, that's fine, I don't care - bottom line is she's better and that's all that matters to me.

Dern thread derailer.
 
If you think that is a sex toy, you clearly need to get laid.

You are probably right; but take a few tablets out of prescription bottle A (the one for insomnia, or is that for "breakthrough generalized anxiety?"), grab that contraption you are calling a capsule, and track down some of the chicks I have associated with over the past 4-6 years, and you're looking at one hell of a time.
 
Last edited:
You are probably right; but take a few tablets out of prescription bottle A (the one for insomnia, or it that for "breakthrough generalized anxiety?"), grab that contraption you are calling a capsule, and track down some of the chicks I have associated with over the past 4-6 years, and you're looking at one hell of a time.

Sorry, but I don't consider chlamydia a "hell of a time" personally; neither does my husband.

It's guys like you that make people too embarrassed to get help for mental health issues -- so unfortunate; I thought that school of thought was finally on a downward slide. Anyway, it's not so much GAD that was the problem... it's more that I used to have debilitating panic attacks as the end result of OCD, irrational phobias, and bipolar disorder. Say what you will, but gone from daily episodes to none for something like five months. Of course it's not perfect, and the bipolar isn't totally controlled, but we're working on it and messing with my regimen. Perfect example -- today I saw a spider in the bathroom. The old response would be to scream until I get help... I'd stare it until I actually saw it killed, then if it hadn't already happened I'd cry hysterically and hyperventilate to the point that I would often black out. It was such a weird feeling, almost like being in a place where time would slow down... I'd think I was crying for a minute, and I'd find out it was an hour. Today, I finished my business, walked out, and asked Michael to kill it with no need to actually confirm that it was gone. Granted, I'd never touch it or kill it myself, but I'd say that's a serious improvement. If you want to think the Zoloft (and my other drugs, that one just happened to be in the picture for no particular reason) had nothing to do with the situation, then I'm sure there's nothing that I can do to convince you that psychological conditions frequently have a base in biologic problems and thus can be improved.

I don't know you, but I'm guessing you either just have a problem with my husband, or think that all psych conditions should be treated with therapy alone. Don't get me wrong, a therapist wasn't for me but it they can help some people that just need to talk out their problems or that are more open to advice/suggestion. Getting a kitty is the best psychotherapy I've had 🙂

BTW, you actually are right, the xanax is for insomnia, though it's not working. End rant! Gotta stop Frankie from attacking smashing my tabs!
 
Sorry, but I don't consider chlamydia a "hell of a time" personally; neither does my husband.

Pass the cefixime. And maybe a Z-Pak for good measure (what bugs doesn't azithromycin kill again?)

I don't know you, but I'm guessing you either just have a problem with my husband, or think that all psych conditions should be treated with therapy alone.

Check some of my previous posts, you'd find it is mostly the former. Although I wouldn't call them problems, I love that guy; we just need to get him off these message boards so he can finish pharmacy school and take up his post at Rite-Aid sometime this decade. He took shots at my mother's physical appearance, so I figured I'd be mature and go after your psychiatric instabilities.
 
Sorry, but I don't consider chlamydia a "hell of a time" personally; neither does my husband.

It's guys like you that make people too embarrassed to get help for mental health issues -- so unfortunate; I thought that school of thought was finally on a downward slide. Anyway, it's not so much GAD that was the problem... it's more that I used to have debilitating panic attacks as the end result of OCD, irrational phobias, and bipolar disorder. Say what you will, but gone from daily episodes to none for something like five months. Of course it's not perfect, and the bipolar isn't totally controlled, but we're working on it and messing with my regimen. Perfect example -- today I saw a spider in the bathroom. The old response would be to scream until I get help... I'd stare it until I actually saw it killed, then if it hadn't already happened I'd cry hysterically and hyperventilate to the point that I would often black out. It was such a weird feeling, almost like being in a place where time would slow down... I'd think I was crying for a minute, and I'd find out it was an hour. Today, I finished my business, walked out, and asked Michael to kill it with no need to actually confirm that it was gone. Granted, I'd never touch it or kill it myself, but I'd say that's a serious improvement. If you want to think the Zoloft (and my other drugs, that one just happened to be in the picture for no particular reason) had nothing to do with the situation, then I'm sure there's nothing that I can do to convince you that psychological conditions frequently have a base in biologic problems and thus can be improved.

I don't know you, but I'm guessing you either just have a problem with my husband, or think that all psych conditions should be treated with therapy alone. Don't get me wrong, a therapist wasn't for me but it they can help some people that just need to talk out their problems or that are more open to advice/suggestion. Getting a kitty is the best psychotherapy I've had 🙂

BTW, you actually are right, the xanax is for insomnia, though it's not working. End rant! Gotta stop Frankie from attacking smashing my tabs!
wow...havent seen you here in ages! welcome back!
 
You don't owe anyone an explanation. I'm glad you're getting both medical and emotional support.

The people I'm close to who have mental health issues all seem to feel the same way about it that you do- if it's treatable, treat it. My feeling about it is, failure to treat robs our society of productive members.

Head up, kiddo. There's never a reason to explain your personal medical history, especially to people who may not be willing to listen to your side of the story.

Oh..... and Frankie rocks.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
if it came to a vote i might vote for this as the best pharmacy forum thread ever
 
I've got a few of these myself. Mostly Dunny's.

Any munnys? I'm thinking about getting the kids some of the glow-in-the dark munnys for Christmas-between that, the bubble-wrap calender and lots of candy, should be lively.
 
Are all those dolls unique or something? one of a kind? I always wanted a little toy pill figurine
 
Are all those dolls unique or something? one of a kind? I always wanted a little toy pill figurine

That thing cost like $50...every one of those damned things cost like $50. It's like being married to a heroin addict. She started collecting them and can't stop. She's about to buy one that's like 30" tall and is $300.

The ones I like are the Mothman ones. The Mothman is a West Virginia legend and those crazy Japanese folk decided to make a cool collectible "vinyl art" out of it. 13 little guys...cost $700 dollars...only 50 of each one made in the entire world.

The ****ed up thing is that these things actually APPRECIATE in value. An entire set of the Mothmen colelctively cost me $700...it would probably sell for $2000 on eBay right now.

Anyway, this one is her favorite peeps...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Any munnys? I'm thinking about getting the kids some of the glow-in-the dark munnys for Christmas-between that, the bubble-wrap calender and lots of candy, should be lively.
No Munnys yet 🙁 I've seen them around but haven't picked them up.
I want the full size Munny if I get one (and I'd leave it plain)