Franklin Pierce (AZ) DPT Class of 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SC11DPT

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I plan on attending FPU in AZ as the entering class of 2020. I wanted to see who else is planning on going there. I'm not sure if there's a fb group out there yet, but I wanted to reach out to potential classmates & would love to hear from you! I'm also curious about living situations - I'd be coming from CA, so recommendations for apartments & good locations to look for would be great!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey @SC11DPT, I'm also planning on attending Franklin Pierce AZ in the fall! The only fb page I've seen so far contains everyone from the program (current students and alumni). As for the living situation, I'm in the same boat as you. I'm also coming from CA so I don't know too much about the area.

I'm excited for the next few months to come around, but I have tons of questions, like applying for financial aid through the FPU portal, how soon we receive aid so that I can put a deposit for an apartment, etc.. and I figure we'll be updated once our schedule for the first year comes out. I'm curious to see how that will go, how much time we spend in class/outside of class doing school related stuff. And things like health insurance, do I need to register my car or driver's licence in AZ if i'm going to be there for a few years? I'm sure once I can talk to some current students, I could get all that figured out. :)

I'm excited for the next few months to come around, but I have tons of questions, like applying for financial aid through the FPU portal, how soon we receive aid so that I can put a deposit for an apartment, etc.. and I figure we'll be updated once our schedule for the first year comes out. I'm curious to see how that will go, how much time we spend in class/outside of class doing school related stuff. And things like health insurance, do I need to register my car or driver's licence in AZ if i'm going to be there for a few years? I'm sure once I can talk to some current students, I could get all that figured out. :)

Hey there I just got an acceptance from Franklin Pierce but I am going to ask for a tour of the school before I make a decision. There aren't many options of budget/affordable housing in Goodyear unless your splitting the rent with someone. Stay away from the idea getting a place around Maryvale neighborhood. they have cheaper housing for a reason.