fraternities and job advancement

Started by clarkbar
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

clarkbar

Full Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm interested in joining a pharmacy fraternity for many reasons. One reason is job advancement. How much to brothers help other brothers in the job world, e.g. interviews etc? Is it worth it for this reason? Which fraternity is more helpful like this? Thank you.
 
It is helpful, but I wouldn't join one soley for job advancement opportunities. Choose one that best fits your personality. Look at some of its goals and see if you mesh with the people involved. Which fraternity is helpful? They all are, but if I were to choose one for job advancement reasons it would be one that is most nationally recognized, have been around the longest, and is one of the larger chapters in my school.
 
It is helpful, but I wouldn't join one soley for job advancement opportunities. Choose one that best fits your personality. Look at some of its goals and see if you mesh with the people involved. Which fraternity is helpful? They all are, but if I were to choose one for job advancement reasons it would be one that is most nationally recognized, have been around the longest, and is one of the larger chapters in my school.

Agreed. Besides, connections are not a guarantee of a job; with the economy in the tank, a lot of employers just don't have openings.