Freaking out about walkthrough

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

girlunobserved

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
They say that you should be there 30 minutes before the time, which would be 7.30AM and I live 20 minutes away. I'm scared that if I come in 10 minutes before (due to traffic or anything that can possibly happen on the day of the MCAT) they wont let me in.

Does anyone know the full policies?

Members don't see this ad.

I couldn’t reference the policies but I know in my exam day people rolled in until like 8:05 (for an 8 am test) and it was no biggie because the proctors were still checking in the people like myself who got there way earlier. You don’t just walk in and take the test, they search you and do a bunch of other stuff which takes time, ultimately meaning the people who got there later just start their exam later than the people who were in line to be check first.

You’re gonna be fine OP. I’d change your avatar to a picture not of you!

I couldn’t reference the policies but I know in my exam day people rolled in until like 8:05 (for an 8 am test) and it was no biggie because the proctors were still checking in the people like myself who got there way earlier. You don’t just walk in and take the test, they search you and do a bunch of other stuff which takes time, ultimately meaning the people who got there later just start their exam later than the people who were in line to be check first.

You’re gonna be fine OP. I’d change your avatar to a picture not of you!

I second this. I tested in an away city, and my hotel was 200ft away from the test center. I arrived at 7:50 because I did not want to wait in the common area for too long. I ended up not being seated until 8:20 due to the lengthy check in procedure that they started right at 8am. One student was very late, around 8:15, and he was still allowed to be seated for the exam.

That being said, I don't know the full policies either and it may be at the discretion of your particular testing center. But if I were you, I wouldn't wait too late.

If you can, try to practice the appropriate route a few days before the exam, you can get a feel for what the traffic conditions are like. Otherwise, I would leave the house at 7am and spend any extra time in my car doing breathing exercises and meditation to drive my stress level down.