Free 150 questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

RedSoxSuck

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Well, i have a mac. So how can i download the questions. Anyone had similar problem?

Btw, are the answers included?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Just download it from the site. And the answers are included.

Anyone know how accurate the medfriends correlation is?

I have a link to the "Free 150." This is it: http://www.usmle.org/practice-materials/index.html

I also have a pdf file that has 138 questions. I can't attach it because it's too large (1.38 MB or so), but it looks like a manual that has lots of info about the subject matter on the USMLE, then the questions/answer key are at the very end.

Are these two files the same thing, except one's missing 12? I noticed the website's file is 22 MB though!

The reason I ask is because I don't want to look at / start "Free 150" till later in my prep, but if the latter file isn't the same thing I'd do it earlier.

Members don't see this ad :)
I downloaded the link that you guys provided. However, i can't open it because i have a MAC. Any way to get around that?

Also, i did not see the link for .PDF.

None of the links above work. Just realized that I still have parallels installed on my Mac so that solves the problem. Thanks for help.

I have a link to the "Free 150." This is it: http://www.usmle.org/practice-materials/index.html

I also have a pdf file that has 138 questions. I can't attach it because it's too large (1.38 MB or so), but it looks like a manual that has lots of info about the subject matter on the USMLE, then the questions/answer key are at the very end.

Are these two files the same thing, except one's missing 12? I noticed the website's file is 22 MB though!

The reason I ask is because I don't want to look at / start "Free 150" till later in my prep, but if the latter file isn't the same thing I'd do it earlier.

Yeah this link that pholston provided is the free 150....the pdf is under step 1 materials...the only difference between this one and the one on windows is that the windows one has 5 more multimedia questions.

I only know because I looked at the first couple words of the first two questions across all of the pdfs. As far as I could tell, the first two are the same (1st test), as are the last two (2nd test), then the ones grouped in the middle were the same (3rd test).

I don't recall the exact years of the tests offhand, which is why I'm framing that sentence like that.

So I'm trying to figure out when to take NBME 13 ( if I take it) and free 150. Test is on the 14th.

May be something like nbme 13 this Sunday? Might take too much time away from reviewing first aid and I really don't want to sacrifice any valuable reveiw time.

So I'm trying to figure out when to take NBME 13 ( if I take it) and free 150. Test is on the 14th.

May be something like nbme 13 this Sunday? Might take too much time away from reviewing first aid and I really don't want to sacrifice any valuable reveiw time.

I'd take the NBME a week-out, then do Free-150 one-day-out.

Since the last day is supposed to be a "light" day, I'd hammer out FA until two days away, then do the 150 on the last day and review everything from that which you're not certain of, then spend like two hours reviewing last minute stuff in FA.

Remember that it's too late to be learning concepts at this point. Spend all of your time memorizing pure facts from FA. These will get you quite a few points.

I'd take the NBME a week-out, then do Free-150 one-day-out.

Since the last day is supposed to be a "light" day, I'd hammer out FA until two days away, then do the 150 on the last day and review everything from that which you're not certain of, then spend like two hours reviewing last minute stuff in FA.

Are there explanations for free150 that we might have to hunt down? Or is it like take the free 150 and know how many you missed and that's the end.

Kaplan releases explanations without questions. Phloston had posted one such pdf recently.

Yeah, I started looking at the explanations before you had pointed out that I was mistakenly looking at the 150 info. Fortunately, I had only looked at a few of them and I'm fairly sure I would have had them right anyway.

Yeah, I started looking at the explanations before you had pointed out that I was mistakenly looking at the 150 info. Fortunately, I had only looked at a few of them and I'm fairly sure I would have had them right anyway.

Too late for explanations, now we all know how you get your high scores.