Free atorvastatin (Lipitor) generic equiv at Meijer?

Started by wonger86
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Wegmans is doing it too. I was actually going to start a thread about that. Afaik, they are still giving away free abx too. Of course you'll wait a while for your rx and buy a bunch of food in the meantime, so it's no big loss for them.

As we were discussing U&C in the other thread, this means they cannot bill insurance for atorvastatin anymore, right?
 
Wegmans is doing it too. I was actually going to start a thread about that. Afaik, they are still giving away free abx too. Of course you'll wait a while for your rx and buy a bunch of food in the meantime, so it's no big loss for them.

As we were discussing U&C in the other thread, this means they cannot bill insurance for atorvastatin anymore, right?

That is correct. They can Bill the Ins, but the Ins will reimburse $0.00.
 
First of all, the acquisition price for generic Lipitor is just a couple of bucks for a 30 day supply....Secondly, I think they can still bill insurances. This is just a free TRIAL 30 days supply. Therefore, I would think it's no different than the free 30 day supply of Pradaxa or some of the other discount cards.....it's a bait and hook type of advertising
 
First of all, the acquisition price for generic Lipitor is just a couple of bucks for a 30 day supply....Secondly, I think they can still bill insurances. This is just a free TRIAL 30 days supply. Therefore, I would think it's no different than the free 30 day supply of Pradaxa or some of the other discount cards.....it's a bait and hook type of advertising
I don't know all the details, but Wegmans is offering up to 90 days and the deal will continue until April. Sounds like more than a one time trial to me.