free clinics san diego

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Perrotfish

Has an MD in Horribleness
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
For those of you who have worked near balboa: has anyone volunteered at a free clinic in the area, or know a good one to volunteer at? I would like to get back I to volunteering, as I move into second year, but I don't know much about charity opportunities in the area.

Members don't see this ad.

Have you looked at Saint Vincent De Paul village? Great organization and it's linked to the UCSD medical school, so you might be able to lend a helping hand and mentor some medical students as well if you were so inclined.

You will find that this likely wont be allowed by your program. The military has pretty strict rules for no off duty employment for residents which they would likely apply to volunteer work in a clinic like this. Definitely run this by your PD.

You will find that this likely wont be allowed by your program. The military has pretty strict rules for no off duty employment for residents which they would likely apply to volunteer work in a clinic like this. Definitely run this by your PD.

I worked with a few AF FM residents at a free clinic when I was a premed. Just short saturday morning shifts and the PD and other faculty volunteered there as well so it probably easier to get approved.