French pharmacy student looking to move to the USA

Started by Kaoko
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
First : I'am not French even if I live in France and it's much more interesting to be pharmacist in France than in the US (you can buy your own pharmacy and make more than 300 000 $/year after tax and you have free healthcare).

Second : I will move to the US when I will be rich and retired (I can get a green card if I invest more than 500 000 $ in the US)

Third : I'am not Saddam, Chemical Ali or AL ZARQAWI : I can't be eliminated so easily !!! 😛

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vmd-3YR7rY

more you post more i think you're a troll
 
When did showing your premed stupidity become something to be proud of ? Go back to your pre-med forums - Ross university awaits your application. :meanie:

And you will be just another pharmacist who fills the prescriptions that Ross's grads write :meanie:
 
When did showing your premed stupidity become something to be proud of ? Go back to your pre-med forums - Ross university awaits your application. :meanie:

Fightsy little biatch, aren't you. Better learn to take a joke, little girl. There are a lot more worse misperceptions that you could hear about this profession. Learn to laugh at them, since you still have a lot of years left in it.
 
First : I'am not French even if I live in France and it's much more interesting to be pharmacist in France than in the US (you can buy your own pharmacy and make more than 300 000 $/year after tax and you have free healthcare).

Second : I will move to the US when I will be rich and retired (I can get a green card if I invest more than 500 000 $ in the US)

Third : I'am not Saddam, Chemical Ali or AL ZARQAWI : I can't be eliminated so easily !!! 😛

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vmd-3YR7rY

Bon jour. Is there a shortage of pharmacists in France?
I am just curious what the job market for pharmacists is like globally.
 
Hey Jadeb, not all us Americans are so ignorant. As I read the posts I didn't think you were trying to be racist or anything. Unfortunately as you see we have more than our share of these idiots, worst of all modern countries in ANY social issue, environment, crime, education, health care....you name it. I mean Bush was actually elected into office, can you believe we have so many fools who voted for him?
My own plan is to make alot if I can and retire somewhere I wanna be as the same as your conclusion. It's too difficult to get work permits, jobs, etc in other countries. But maybe I'll look into going to another country if I think it's practical.

Worst thing here is you really don't feel like you're working for patients but for the bottom line of corporations. I worked in both hospital and retail and felt this way. Is that how it is in France too?
 
did you just call me an ignorant idiot?

Man...you need to learn to differentiate between people just having fun vs. showing true colors before dissing your fellow Americans..

Go F*** yourself.
 
Last edited:
If you peeps haven't seen the French country side - you haven't seen france... It is absolutely beautiful. Add in the prospect of owning your own business (money is irrelevant compared to job satisfaction)... Sounds great to me - I may look into it after my military days are behind me (2025).

OP - no one here is actually serious about your immigration to America... Well, rx4life may be.

Everyone else is having fun. That said, it isn't easy to immigrate with professional degrees. Doing school here is the easiest route. Furthermore, you should know that the state of pharmacy in America is rocky - both in terms of saturation in urban centers, and an uncertain reimbursement / legal future. If, after all of that, you wish to come to America... By all means, do come. A professional with a worker's attitude will certainly find a role here.

Please make sure you speak English - not a requirement anymore - but sure is nice.
 
did you just call me an ignorant idiot?

Man...you need to learn to differentiate between people just having fun vs. showing true colors before dissing your fellow Americans..

Go F*** yourself.

Killian's Irish red tonight! Dark beers be damned. I swear, the 15 lbs I picked up in portland is directly related to beer... Or pharmacy school.

You ever try Rogue? Seriously great beer.