Frequently TESTED material on MCATs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

revoapparel

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's been said that genetics and molecular biology is increasingly becoming tested on the MCATs. By molecular biology, do they mean lab techniques and such?

What are other frequently tested materials on the mcats? Some topics that I've seen on the practice tests that seem to be recurring are

a)biology - kidney functions, genetics,
b)chem - solubility tests
c)physics - optics and harmonic motion

Members don't see this ad.

revoapparel said:
It's been said that genetics and molecular biology is increasingly becoming tested on the MCATs. By molecular biology, do they mean lab techniques and such?

What are other frequently tested materials on the mcats? Some topics that I've seen on the practice tests that seem to be recurring are

a)biology - kidney functions, genetics,
b)chem - solubility tests
c)physics - optics and harmonic motion

Those topics are definitely fair game and pretty popular.

I think the trend is less ochem and more molecular biology-related topics. I know my test had quite a bit of molecular biology that was passage based (like, protein x does this to protein y which regulates this.....)

So was it focused more on pure logic or was it based on an experiment where you had to know different molecular bio techniques such as western blotting, etc

I remember there being a ton of microbiology (3 passages) on my form, but they were mainly experimental.

ADeadLois said:
I remember there being a ton of microbiology (3 passages) on my form, but they were mainly experimental.

reading comprehension on Bio is my favorite :D :thumbup: