Freshman courses

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mercton

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
So, My advisor gave me these courses and I just want to know if they are apt for pre med track?!

BIOL 1441- Cell Biology
PSCY 1315- Introduction
MATH 1441/1302- Algebra or Pre Cal
ENGL 1301- Critical and Literature (I guess...)

She said this is ideal and She isn't even letting me change or speak on this anymore.COULD SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME?

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Your schedule looks pretty good.

Though it's really weird that your advisor isn't letting you choose your own courses. If you want to take different courses (and you have time to change them), maybe tell them you're not pre-med for now. However, I'd be cautious about damaging your relationship with the pre-med advisors because you might need them to write your committee letter when you apply, and they're also helpful for, well, pre-med advice (hence why they're called pre-med advisors).

Last edited:
Your schedule is fine. Many freshmen take one or two science pre-reqs along with a math or English requirement. That being said, you shouldn't take on more than you can handle, especially in your first semester of college. I have never heard of an advisor like yours. How can she actually keep you from choosing your own schedule?

Members don't see this ad :)
Your schedule is fine. Many freshmen take one or two science pre-reqs along with a math or English requirement. That being said, you shouldn't take on more than you can handle, especially in your first semester of college. I have never heard of an advisor like yours. How can she actually keep you from choosing your own schedule?
Oh so I shouldn't worry much. I don't know maybe because we were in Orientation and there were too many students to take care of, might be that.

Reactions: 1 user
Schedule is fine. Was your advisor pre-med or no, though?