This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

chemdoctor

Full Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So I'm a freshman.

I had to take some art courses and some freshmen gen ed courses. I got an A in Chem 1, A in Chem Lab, an A- in Calculus, an A- in English, and for the gen ed class probably an A I'm assuming but maybe a B or B- in Art. I had to take the Art course. I didnt have a choice. I am not an artistic person and believe it or not I had to take it and I found it hard. Have I ruined my chances already? This may sound like a stupid question but I'm assuming after this crap my GPA is already at like a 3.78 or something. I'm really disappointed. I feel like I could've done better in Calculus but that's alright I guess. Do you guys think I should be fine? Is this a decent GPA for med school so far? I know I still have a LONG WAY to go...

Thank you. Any feedback will be appreciated. I'm really nervous about all of this. Thank you!
 
You did well, good job.
You really think so?? I hope I did... I'm worried for these bull**** Gen Ed classes. I didnt want to take them but I had no choice. I hate art stuff. I'm not good at it. My professor was nice and all but its not for me. I NEVER have to take it again though...
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL you're doing just fine. All those A's and A-'s (especially in science and math classes) are a good sign. Keep it up and don't stress!