Friday thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
At work all day, per usual, and today covering the clinic for any supervision issues that arise (there were two). At least I started the day with delicious and unhealthy breakfast from a local bakery!!!

Members don't see this ad.

I did the APA official tour of all the things I needed to do then enjoyed a few of the town's breweries (and really, in between meetings as well). Got to meet MCParent.

Passed on the Rockies with the pending rain.

Members don't see this ad :)
I want to change my username. Should I go with "Gratitude," because I enjoy praticing gratitude? Or "Stroop Dogg," because I've administered stroops and that name is hi-larious?

And which username will boost my chances of getting into a clinical program next year?*

*90% joking. 10% serious.

I really want to change the name of my practice to, "whatchu talkin bout willis", with the insignia inside a circle.

Reactions: 4 users
I want to change my username. Should I go with "Gratitude," because I enjoy praticing gratitude? Or "Stroop Dogg," because I've administered stroops and that name is hi-larious?

And which username will boost my chances of getting into a clinical program next year?*

*90% joking. 10% serious.

Stroop Dogg. (gin and juice preference not required)

Reactions: 1 user
Since my last 'friday thread' update, we have traveled across 20 states, went to many National Parks (Happy 100th bday, National Park System! If you haven't gone to any, you must...Yellowstone is breath-taking), disciplined a young person under 12 every 5 miles (unless they were sleeping...just kidding, they're good kids), and now, four new states to go until we reach home. But, before that...we'll be spending some time in Black Rock City. )'( (woot. woot)

I miss my clients/patients. Will be happy when it's time to....
figure out a way to circumvent the wishes of my group

:)

Last edited:
Weekend plan: Get home from work travel, cook a nice meal, do my weekly 10 mile run.

Not sure I believe this, especially 10 miles after a nice meal?

Kids at grandparents. Wife out with girlfriends. Me-peace and quiet-will probably be asleep before she gets home.

Also planning a nice meal tonight for the missus. Planning on some indoor bouldering to build my climbing endurance back up, maybe a run or two, nowhere near 10 miles, some video games, football (Go Spartans and Lions), and finishing with a board game night with some friends to continue our Pandemic: Legacy game.

Members don't see this ad :)
After taking the EPPP yesterday, I feel hung over (disclaimer: I am not).

Reactions: 3 users
Headed to Glacier NP for the weekend and potentially buying a car. That tells you how remote my location is when I head to the wilderness and it is closer to civilization than where I live.

Going to college fair with my daughter! I can't be that old? Maybe a backyard campfire, with a good Oktoberfest (if you can get it where you are, Two Roads brewery Marzen is pretty good) and some fire grilled sausages. Probably a report to write and lecture or talk to do some prep on. Ice hockey begins Sunday, so I'll have to spend some time disinfecting and airing out the gear so it's bearable to wear.

Last edited:
I finished with prog notes late afternoon and then flew to NYC to see my kids and my GF. I had a blast in Williamsburg Brooklyn playing video games at Barcade. :droid:

Now, catching up on Fear the Walking Dead and Ray Donovan....

Good for you! I've yet to start EPPP studying. Probably should get on that.
@cara susanna :way to go!
Hey maybe we can do peer support through PM! This is one of the more annoying hurdles to jump prior to licensure! At least I had a cohort to study w when I took comps!

I finished with prog notes late afternoon and then flew to NYC to see my kids and my GF. I had a blast in Williamsburg Brooklyn playing video games at Barcade. :droid:

Now, catching up on Fear the Walking Dead and Ray Donovan....
Barcades are fun, though I try to go at slightly off-peak hours because I hate waiting to play my fav. games. #FirstWorldProblems

Barcades are fun, though I try to go at slightly off-peak hours because I hate waiting to play my fav. games. #FirstWorldProblems

They're always so hit or miss. Tacoma has a decent one. The one in Portland sucks because it's so crowded and half the games are broken. Bleh

They're always so hit or miss. Tacoma has a decent one. The one in Portland sucks because it's so crowded and half the games are broken. Bleh

Indeed. There are a handful in Chicago that are generally fun, though I purposefully go at off times for those because they can be hipster havens….and that isn't my scene.

Indeed. There are a handful in Chicago that are generally fun, though I purposefully go at off times for those because they can be hipster havens….and that isn't my scene.

Whatever, we all know you're rocking the skinny jeans, flannel, and ironic mustache.

Whatever, we all know you're rocking the skinny jeans, flannel, and ironic mustache.

:laugh: I am so far from that look….I'm not sure I own a piece of flannel actually. Or skinny jeans. That said, I'm currently rocking sky blue linen pants, a lightweight muted orange cashmere sweater, and crocodile driving loafers. :D It's a report writing day, so I decided to go casual.

street-style-mens-style-new-2014-outfit-man-post-orange-pants-mariniere-navy-intimissimi-blue-shirt-espandrillies-cool-artisan-ceb3ceb1ceb2cf81ceb9ceaecebb-cebdceb94.jpg

Reactions: 1 users
I don't know if we have any true barcades around here, but we've got a few places that have a handful of arcade games plus a bunch of the skee-ball, darts, and basketball-type stuff.

I've recently been getting hooked on foosball myself.

Maybe we can find a place holding a foosball tourney at INS next year so you can add it to your bags trophy.

I don't know if we have any true barcades around here, but we've got a few places that have a handful of arcade games plus a bunch of the skee-ball, darts, and basketball-type stuff.

I've recently been getting hooked on foosball myself.
I lost a foosball match to a one-armed drunk englishman the last time I was in France; it wasn't even close. He had both arms, though he refused to put his beer down for the entire match, not that it mattered in regard to the outcome.

I lost a foosball match to a one-armed drunk englishman the last time I was in France; it wasn't even close. He had both arms, though he refused to put his beer down for the entire match, not that it mattered in regard to the outcome.
It would have been more impressive had he genuinely only had one arm, AND he still refused to put his beer down and had beaten you.

Foosball is great!

I found out there is a pinball bar in the lower east side NYC. Next trip, I'm checking it out. Time to get the "Bally table King" flow-state going...

I'm gonna need to blow off some steam tonight.

I always encourage my patients to make a stiff drink or 3 when this happens....

This thread makes we wanna have drunken sex. College days...

I'm gonna need to blow off some steam tonight.

My plan was to go hit the gym, have a steak, and drink some quality scotch….but I've been fielding stat pages most of the day while I cover multiple units for my colleague. I still have my own notes and now these notes to write. I'm hoping to get out by 8pm and I'll probably make another attempt at GSS (Gym Steak Scotch) tomorrow.