Friday thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Bah, useless filler. Just get on with the good stuff. You women and your need for foreplay.

Wis- you just got married, right? Remember this: HAPPY WIFE = HAPPY LIFE :cool:

(This conversation is digressing into misogynistic rhetoric. Yes?)

Hell, I was suggesting softcore...starting off light, working one's way up...slowly...to blow off some steam...no one said it was a personal preference. Oops! I did it (digress) again.

Members don't see this ad.

:) The Friday thread is the perfect place for the inappropriate. Better here than wandering over into the pseudo intellectual cesspool that is the SP forum.

And Mrs. Doctor WisNeuro is happy. I'm the cook of the household, and I'm good at what I do.

Reactions: 1 user
What I'd like to do: have a few bourbons, eat a steak, do something low key.

What I'll realistically do: get home late,fall asleep on the sofa while planning a meal, wake up early, go for my long run, and plan for Saturday night.

Members don't see this ad :)
What I'd like to do: have a few bourbons, eat a steak, do something low key.

What I'll realistically do: get home late,fall asleep on the sofa while planning a meal, wake up early, go for my long run, and plan for Saturday night.

You forgot the part where you wake up because it was just a dream and toddlers are jumping on the bed asking for cereal at 6am.

Why haven't you crate-trained those little monsters by this point?

Because M-F it's often the highlight of my day before I'm off to the meat grinder called the Department of Veterans Affairs.

Saturday and Sunday... not so much.

Well...9pm and wrapping up. Thankfully I'm going home to a quiet house w/o any children running about. I'll sleep in, do brunch w a friend, hit the gym, put in half a day of work, and then attend a sports ball game to cheer a team to victory.

Sunday will probably be more gym, steam and/or massage, and probably a nap. It will be the best day of baseball since opening day (all games start at 3pm)...so I'll wake up for that. This may be my GSS day.

Members don't see this ad :)
You are all a bunch of sex crazed carnivorous drunken psychologists. Meanwhile, I am on call so I am headed to work on a Saturday morning. Maybe I'll have to go to church tomorrow just to make up for all of the sinful activities the rest of my colleagues are engaging in while I have to work. :angelic:

You are all a bunch of sex crazed carnivorous drunken psychologists.

...who like to cook.

I made the most fantastic Indian Kofta Kabobs the other night with ZERO leftovers...in fact, my little mini-chef critiquers recommended that I make a bigger batch next time ("Mom, you should double your recipe next time...") :wideyed:

Yes, @smalltownpsych, after re-reading the latest posts, I'm feeling a little cleansing at the Temple may be necessary. Thanks for going to church...please say prayer for all of us. :)

Reactions: 1 users
I have to admit...if it wasn't for google translator, I'd be less worldly.

Happy Rosh Hashanah to you too.

I was lucky to have a refresher in reading Hebrew phonetically when my eldest daughter became Bat Mitzvah. Otherwise, it would be lost to me.

It's Friday!

And i'm thinking about how to get awarded a K-grant. :rolleyes: Anyone on the Friday thread a K-grant winner? Did you sit around Friday nights thinking about it?

Isn't there a Country (or maybe Blues) song with the lyrics "I've got research on my mind.."?!? Ha.

Last edited:
It's Friday!

And i'm thinking about how to get awarded a K-grant. :rolleyes: Anyone on the Friday thread a K-grant winner? Did you sit around Friday nights thinking about it?

Isn't there a Country (or maybe Blues) song with the lyrics "I've got research on my mind.."?!? Ha.

I know a lot of K grantees but I can't count myself among them... yet. I can dream, but what what I really want is an LRP.

Fun Friday night at Woods in Brooklyn NY.

Pinball night tonight at Modern Pinball. I hope they have a Medieval Madness in the house...

I know a lot of K grantees but I can't count myself among them... yet.

Always the imperative. If it is your goal, it will be achieved, if you are that kind of person.

Good luck!:luck:

I'm now working on similar goals, happy that you're further along. If you stick around SDN, I may benefit from your sidebar mentorship. :happy:

Last edited:
I'm making a point not to work at all this weekend, as I have for the past…too many. MLB baseball tonight with the guys and then a 9am scramble tomorrow. I forget the charity, but if it's to help (insert charity for a childhood disorder)…I can totally sacrifice part of my Saturday to play some golf. :D Sunday will be squash and hopefully a massage.

It's Friday, mofos. What's everyone doing for the weekend? My wife is going to visit some family out of town. So I have the weekend all to myself. Rock climbing, gym, maybe a run or two, video games, binge watch some ****ty Netflix shows, etc?

Remember, Folks...
890974.png

My wife and I are gonna go on a little trip in our fancy new jeep. Enjoying the fruits of many years of hard work to get to a point where I can buy a nice vehicle with all the features and tech stuff that we like.

I'm going to a froofy halloween party tonight…can't wait! Always top-notch food and great signature cocktails. Saturday will be the gym + steam and then brunch. I'll probably do some report writing in the afternoon (boo!) and maybe dinner out with a friend. Sunday is golfing and maybe a midafternoon nap. Solid "local" weekend.

Wow, I haven't been on in a few months as I've been adjusting to new roles (faculty member and dad). We're at midsemester break and just finished grading midterms and calculating grades, yay! Rest of today will be working on the book chapter I've been picking away at all semester and tomorrow is baby-friendly halloween get together. Sunday = park and some planning...then begins the 6 week countdown to end of the semester.

Well I spent the morning walking on the beach after breakfast and caught a movie. After a week on vacation, I have a feeling this weekend will be catching up on emails and getting back to work life. Came back to rain so takeout and Netflix tonight.

I finally took a look at this Friday thread thing and I can see it's not for me. Ya'll are talking about something called "jobs", hobbies, exercising, and naps. You know what I'm going to do this weekend? Make freaking timing files and responding to silly comments by silly reviewers. (Is that violin music I hear. . . )

I finally took a look at this Friday thread thing and I can see it's not for me. Ya'll are talking about something called "jobs", hobbies, exercising, and naps. You know what I'm going to do this weekend? Make freaking timing files and responding to silly comments by silly reviewers. (Is that violin music I hear. . . )

After a morning of errands, activities, and lunch out, I'm sipping a glass of wine and enjoying a rare moment of restful silence while husband and Kid #2 take a nap and Kid #1 reads books. The weather is nice so we might go for a long walk later today.

My weekends didn't look like this when I was a student, that's for sure. Except for the wine part.

After a morning of errands, activities, and lunch out, I'm sipping a glass of wine and enjoying a rare moment of restful silence while husband and Kid #2 take a nap and Kid #1 reads books. The weather is nice so we might go for a long walk later today.

My weekends didn't look like this when I was a student, that's for sure. Except for the wine part.

This thread makes me feel lazy. My goal for the weekend is typically doing nothing, which makes no sense since I'm the least stressed out with work than I've ever been.

Do you have admiting privileges? If not, "on call" for what?
No admitting privileges. I consult for patients in the ER who present with various psych problems. If I determine that they need hospitalization, then the hospitalist admits them based on my recommendation. We have no psychiatrist. Then I follow up with them while they are here and determine disposition. If I clear them to be okay to be discharged from a psychological standpoint, then the hospitalist dc's them. The stickiest part can be with the medications because some of the hospitalists have minimal knowledge of psych meds and I don't want to practice outside my scope.

edit to add: Also, we don't really have a psych unit or staff trained on how to deal with psychiatric patients so that creates some difficulties. Closest psych facility is two hours away and they never have any beds.

I have kids' soccer, then numerous kids' Halloween parties. And then the stars aligned to have Diwali fall on Oct. 30th (Happy Diwali everyone! :)). Then, Halloween!!! (My favorite holiday; I'm a total weirdo, for sure.) :mask::pirate::hurting::cat::vamp::vulcan::cow: So, it's ghouls, soccer, ghouls again, festival of lights, and more ghouls, for me. Absolutely no work, except party prep.

...And this weekend, I REFUSE to incite political outrage on Facebook - sharing, commenting, reading through, and fact checking everything everyone posts. Most people have pretty much made up their minds by now, no persuading (or dissuading) them at this point.

Only please everyone...just VOTE. It is your right. And please don't vote for your cats, dogs, or some random person. It doesn't work that way.

#KeepingAmericaGreat #RockYourVote #HopeImPreachingToTheChoir

#NastyWomanVoterHere:kiss:

I'm writing in the FSM.

WisNeuro (said in my best patronizing voice)...don't do it. Just don't. Spoiler effect.

Or fine, if you do, don't complain about the outcome....or move out of the U.S. for four years.

IDK if you remember what happened to Al Gore, when George W. ("Dubya") Bush ran? Ralph Nadar took the vote from Gore (who got the popular vote but not the electoral vote). Blah! (Not that I'm one party or another, but it would've been interesting not to have Mini-me in office. #OhSnap #IReallyDoDislikePolitics)

http://www.realclearpolitics.com/ar...ected_bush_why_we_shouldnt_forget_130715.html