Friends with dental school classmates after graduating?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ddsperate

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
After graduating college, I moved to a different state to attend dental school, and currently regularly stay in touch with only two of my college friends. Since I will most likely move again after graduating dental school, I'm curious if the only thing connecting me to my dental school classmates will be facebook.

I often hear about the importance of making those "connections", but in the end, aren't we bound to go our separate ways and never see each other again anyways?

Members don't see this ad.

I just graduated this past year, so things may change but....

I still keep in touch with my dental school friends. You make time for the people important to you; technology and social media just make it a little easier. I thought getting through college was a foregone conclusion. Dental school was tough and I was lucky to make it through with some solid people.

Reactions: 1 users
I guess I'll be one of the bitter ones to say that I'd rather not keep in contact with many if not most of my classmates. They made the tough experience that is dental school a lot tougher. :) I'd keep in contact with some of my professors though, particularly when I first get out and there are things that I need to consult them on. To each their own ^^

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I guess I'll be one of the bitter ones to say that I'd rather not keep in contact with many if not most of my classmates. They made the tough experience that is dental school a lot tougher. :) I'd keep in contact with some of my professors though, particularly when I first get out and there are things that I need to consult them on. To each their own ^^
You aint alone. Dental school suxed big time and my school admin sux more than other schools but my god a lot of my classmates really were terrible. I look forward to never seeing them again. Some professors were cool.

To the OP, making connections can be made by attending your state dental conventions, ASDA district/national conventions, etc. Don't worry about making "connections" with your classmates. It is unimportant.

Reactions: 1 users
After over 34 years, some of my classmates are reconnecting with me. Their children are applying to the residency I direct. Go figure.

Reactions: 10 users