from 2004 pilot exam...pls answer

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

solan

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
lymphatic luid from the area of infected tooth 32 will initially drain to which lymph nodes

deep cervical or submandibular.......

i thought it would be submandibular but the answer key says deepcervical...

can u pls. explain why

Members don't see this ad.

As per my knowledge..

All teeth drain in to submandibular lymph nodes intially except maxillary third molar(deep cervical) and mandibular incisors (submental ).So the answer should be submandibular......coz it asks about INITIAL drainage of mandibular 3rd molar.

Members don't see this ad :)
i guess all the teeth drain to deep cervical lymph nodes ..
n the submand lymph nodes run along the underside of the jaw on either side. They drain the structures in the floor of the mouth.

this is getting confusing... i always thought that all teeth drain into te submanibular lymph nodes first... and then to deep cervical ...

iodine deficiency will increase which of the following
T3...T4....TSH....r thyroglobulin

answer key says thyroglobulin.....can u pls explain why?

lymphatic luid from the area of infected tooth 32 will initially drain to which lymph nodes

deep cervical or submandibular.......

i thought it would be submandibular but the answer key says deepcervical...

can u pls. explain why

Hi Solan,
Your answer key must be wrong. Mandibular tooth (32)initially will drain into submandibular node then to a secondary node superior deep cervical. All teeth drain first into submandibular except mandibular incisors and associated tissues (submental)and maxillary third molars and associated tissues (superior deep cervical).
Hope this helps.

iodine deficiency will increase which of the following
T3...T4....TSH....r thyroglobulin

answer key says thyroglobulin.....can u pls explain why?

Thyroglobulin is the precursor to t3/t4. If there is a lack of iodine then there will be a build up of thyroglobulin since thyroperoxidase will have no iodine add to the tyrosine on thyroglobulin to make t3/t4. Instead, TSH will continue to tell the thyroid gland to produce t3/t4, but it will just lead to a build up of TG. The only iffy thing here is if it would also lead to a increase in TSH due to the lack of T3/t4, but definately there will be an increase in TG.