• Please review the updated member agreement. Included is a new statement supporting the scientific method and evidence-based medicine. Claims or statements about disease processes should reference widely accepted scientific resources. Theoretical medical speculation is encouraged as part of the overall scientific process. However, unscientific statements that promote unfounded ideological positions or agendas may be removed.
  • Free admissions webinar for pre-vets! “Apply Smarter” Webinar


Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Nov 7, 2003
hey folks,

Can anyone give me some idea..about converting h4 to F1, from India.I have cleared part1 ..but i didnt apply to school due to extraordinary unavodable cirmcumstances..

At present i mback to India...and my visa has expired...so please
guide me on how can i come back on F1 status...in whcih course shd i take admission...please help me..:confused:



[email protected]@2
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Apr 18, 2003
If your H4 has expired, then you won't be converting from anything, 'cause you just don't have a visa. Or do you have one?

If that's the case (you have no visa), then you'll just have to apply from scrath for a F1 visa.

If you DO have a visa (H4) then you'll have to apply for a change of status to a F1 visa.

But, do a search on this forum about changing status from H4 to F1, 'cause we have talked about the legal repercutions it may have on you inmigration record.

Also, you have to plan on how will you make it to the interviews.
About the Ads