Frustrated

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
D

deleted92121

I am taking two anatomy classes currently: Applied Anatomy for my Exercise Science classes and Anatomy and Physiology for myself and preparing for DO school. I just found out I cannot get higher than a B in Applied Anatomy, which is a middle of the road course in toughness. However, I am doing pretty well in Anat & Phys..I got an 83% on my lab midterm (don't know what I got on my lecture midterm yet..my guess is an A or B..no less). A&P is a harder course than my Applied course. I just keep thinking that if I am not getting 95% and up on all the tests and exams that I am not smart enough to hack it in med school. Has anyone else ever felt this way? I know I can handle med school, but I think I need to develop new study habits (like actually studying a week or two before an exam instead of the night before).

Does anyone have any thoughts or advice? I do well in my other classes, all A's and maybe a few B's. Maybe I am just not applying myself in the right ways.

thanks for everything,
dxu

Members don't see this ad.

Don't worry. If you got consistently C's in many classes and think about being a doctor, then it's a problem. However, you got many B's and many A's, then it's alright. Sometimes, you just "click" with some classes than the others. :) You may want to change your study habits. Prepare the exam in one or 2 weeks advance is pretty good. It worked for me before.

I am wondering about the study habits too. I've been able to crank a 3.8, but I'm still concerned that night before cramming or my favorite 4 o'clock wake up and frantically cram the morning of the exam won't cut it anymore. My attempts so far to study a few days ahead of time have been unproductive and lead to the 4AM wake ups. Are there any good methods to ween or go cold turkey from the last minute cram sessions? Or do I just have to beat my head against the wall the first few weeks of med school to break this habit?

Members don't see this ad :)
you won't be just studying for tests in med school....you'll be studying a little bit almost daily to keep up w/ the incredible volume of material presented to you every single day.....you will most likely have to change your ways out of necessity.....if somehow you are still able to get by as you currently do....more power to you....

fpr85 said:
How do you already know this?

Confidence is how I succeed. I can do pretty much anything so long as I am determined enough. This is just another example, albeit an incredibly enormous task. But to get where I want to go, I will work as hard as I have to, plus some.

I hope this answers why I know this and how hard I am willing to work to become a great physician.

dxu